My Persona's True Form-Chapter 3: Inaba

OMG WE'RE BACK Y'ALL! MPTF IS BACK AND SHIT! PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW ME, SASHA! I LOVE THE NAME, SO DON'T JUDGE! I LOVE YOU GUYS THANKS SO MUCH OMFGILOVEYOUGUYS AHHHHH!

-Mako-

Chapter 3

I get into the long black Caddilac that is waiting for us just outside the airport. We pile our stuff into the trunk, which is quite big. I try to strike up conversation with Naoto, but it's awkward the entire time. 

Naoto: Would you like to know something? By the things I picked up in your house, I suspect you already knew who I was, and now I know why you wanted to go here.

Me: And why's that?

Naoto: You want to indulge your little adorable fangirl self with everyone from Inaba. You're obsessed.

Me: I'm not fucking obsessed! I just like it! Is that such a crime?

Naoto: Mhm, I'm so sure...You could have at least said something, you know. Even acknowledged me?

She scoffs, her head turned away from me and planted in her palm. 

Me: I'm sorry, okay!? It would have made me sound weird, like some kind of pervert! However, I'm not obsessed!

Naoto: Fine, you're not. I'm sorry I said you were.

She looks fairly apologetic. She sighs.

Naoto: Look, I'm really not very good at making friends. I'm really new at talking to people...Excluding professionalism. 

Me: That's okay. It's not a big deal.

Naoto: Can I ask you something?

Me: Yeah?

Naoto: Well...Since we are in Japan and all, you might prefer talking in Japanese if you want to communicate with the locals. Wait...Do you even know Japanese?

Me: Yes. I learned it a few years back. Man, you sound like I'm some sort of uneducated weeabu. I'm not that bad.

Naoto: That's good. 

All of a sudden, we lurch to a stop. I look out the windshield. I start to freak out. We're in Inaba. We ArE In InABA! I tell myself to calm down. It's just a town. I look through my window, and it looks exactly the same as Inaba from Persona, except a few things have changed. There's a pool, a skating rink or something like that, and also...really big houses? That's not like Japan at all. Naoto points to a big one on a hill, obviously the biggest in town.

Naoto: I want to live there one day. It just looks so big. It's almost as if a king should reside there.

I smile. The car stops at the Moel and fills up the limo's tank. I get out to stretch my legs, and a familiar attendant waves at me. My eyes widen. It's Izanami. Or...at least it's Izanami's cover form, a gas station attendant. I decide to get something to drink, and I go inside.

Izanami: My, my, I can tell you need something to drink. How about an ice cold Mad Bull?

Me: No games. I know who you are. I can tell you know something about me.

Izanami: Oh, do you now? Well, I can guarantee that I won't tell you anything, Daughter of Man.

I stare at him/her. I pick out what looks good. Naoto is already back in the car, waiting for me. She stares at me with a puzzled look on her face. I wonder if she is piecing together who the attendant is. Then, she looks away. I suppose not. I put the drink on the counter, and give the attendant the money. Yesterday, before my flight, I had most of my American money transferred to yen.