THREE

Myles was running out of time. Three days ago had been Zeus's announcement. Two days ago had been his mother breaking him the bad news. Yesterday was freak out day. Today was yesterday's continuation. Three more days until he was sent into the arena. Three more days until he would most likely die. He opened the door, and began the long walk down the stairs. Most kids liked to slide down the balcony, but for Myles that was too risky. He had a habit of bad yuck, and sliding down the banister was just asking to fall off, or get snack inf the face by one of the many passerby. So he began the 10 minute long walk down the stairs, trying to avoid bommping into anyone in the hopes that he might be able to avoid another embarasssing incident like the ones that happened on a near daily basis. He was unlucky, that's all. One of the most unlucky people you might ever meet. He blamed it on his mother. She was after all, the goddess of luck and good fortune, and he had wondered multitudinous times, if she had cursed him somehow. She wasn't really the nicest mother, and he wasn't really the sharpest tool in the shed. She didn't hate him, just paid him little mind. He had gone whole months without seeing his mother. Pleasant months if he did say so himself. He watched as the clock marked the time. Marked the dawn of each minute and the eve of the least. He was running out of time he would not fight in Tartarus. He couldn't for surely he would die. And his mother's alleged curse would make it all the more painful.