Time To Hit The Books

The coffee date had gone a lot longer than expected, and I arrived home almost 5 hours later, sighing happily at the thought I had finished all my homework already.

My mom had fallen asleep on the couch, holding the Harry Potter book from earlier. Seeing the cover made me smile uncontrollably.

The coffee date came back into my mind. It was such a great experience, and Jonah and I had talked a great deal about school, what we liked, what we disliked, the things we did outside of school, and there always seemed to be something to talk about.

Jonah had returned home feeling the same way, and he was so excited he couldn't sleep. So, instead he continued on his song, War Paint. He wanted to release it soon so that he could go back to making videos on YouTube and going live on YouNow.

Jonah was surprised when I first said I didn't know he was a singer, let alone a very good one, and I could tell that in his eyes in that English class. He took the opportunity while we were sipping on coffee to ask me why that was the case. I explained to him my life: my sports, my school, my aspirations for after highschool, all of these aspects of my life not allowing me to have time for social media or really spending time with friends. His reaction made me fall for him even more than I already had. Jonah was completely respectful and understanding, a very rare personality for a highschool boy in my school.

Of course, as I was spending time with him on this coffee date, Jonah couldn't help think to himself:

"If her life is so complicated, why is she spending time with me? I can't be that special to her."

What Jonah didn't know was that after his actions in English class, he did become very special to me. He was not only the only person to really talk to me without wanting help on a homework, but he was my crush for the longest time, and I wasn't planning to let this opportunity to run away from my arm's reach.

We didn't stay in the coffee shop the whole five hours. In fact, we walked around the park, and we just talked. I felt like I could tell him anything, and Jonah had felt the same with me.

Jonah had told me he loved Harry Potter, and he had asked me if I read the books, saw the movies, or both. I hesitated with my answer at first, unsure if he was one of those series' fans who would get mad at you for your choices, but luckily he wasn't. I told him I had only seen the movies a really long time ago, and Jonah explained to me immediately that the movies are nice, but the books are better and have some interesting scenes in them.

As I had said I saw the movies a long time ago, I couldn't really remember what happened entirely with all the characters. Jonah seemed to have thought this was the case because as we were saying our goodbyes, he slyly slipped in "Hopefully, I can be your Ron and you can be my Hermoine quite soon." I didn't really notice what he said until I saw my mom's book's cover, and that's why I could not stop smiling.

I couldn't believe it. I was at first unsure if I remembered it correctly. I went to find my mom's copies of the series.

It was now the weekend, and Jonah said he was going to be travelling for something, so I knew I had time to read all the books by the time I saw him again. So, I began reading and reading.