Call Home

*Some cursing (Maybe, depends on what you consider cursing) in this one"

I sat in my seat. Julia turned around to face me. We were both refusing to move, so we stayed still while everyone else around us took each other's place, almost like chess pieces in a game.

She wanted to be near where her friends were. I wanted to be near mine. Nick moved to the seat on my right, as Jonah wasn't here today, leaving to the seat to my left open.

"Liza, why don't you come here, this way we can easily ask Ms. Kathrine questions."

"Sorry, I can't move. I have to help Nick with his essay as well." I shot her a smile, replicating the one that was on her face before Ms. Kathrine told her to move to my row.

She sat down next to me with a huff. 

As I didn't want to waste much time with her, I tried to quicken the process of working on the essay.

"So what topic do you want to do for the essay?"

"What does it have to be related to?" She said quickly.

"Advertising"

"I don't know then"

"What do you think of brand activism?"

"Okay"

"So, I'll write introduction, and the first two paragraphs? You write the rest?"

"Whatever"

I saw her hands fidgeting underneath the desk. My one leg was bouncing up and down.

I turned to check on Nick. "How is yours going?"

"Meh."

"Niiiice" I said laughing.

"So, smart-ass, which ad are you going to pick?" She had dragged out the s in the ass, making her sound like the snake that she was.

"I don't know, Julia, why don't you find one that suits your type? Maybe it can include some f-boys?" I said sarcastically back.

"Excuse me. What did you say, bitch?" Julia stood up.

"I didn't say anything that should result in you calling me that." I stood up as well.

"I can call you anything I want...Loser" She said coming up to my face really close, once again lengthening the s.

"You only call me things because you don't have the balls to do anything else."

I felt a sting in my ear, hearing a popping noise, and then a whistle that quickly went away. She had slapped me. Julia slapped me in the ear. From how she hit me, I was still standing, but my head was turned to Nick.

I made eye contact with him, and I could tell he wanted to stop me from whatever I would do, but I could also tell his fear. The same fear I see in my competitors when I would go against them. The fear that if they did something to make me unleash the anger in my eyes, they would be no more than dust.

I smiled at him, reassuring him it would be okay. It disappeared in a second. The whole class was watching my reaction. Ms. Kathrine wasn't in the room. She may have gone to the bathroom.

I turned back to Julia, same look in my eyes, but she was too dumb and overconfident to see the danger.

"Oh, is miss-I-think-I-can-fight upset? Is she-" Julia started to coax me, but I interrupted her with a smack in the eyebrow. Last time I was hit in the eyebrow, I had a black-eye for a whole month, but it was fine and an actual punch in the eye was a lot more dangerous. Basically, I was being kind to her, even though she didn't deserve this kindness.

Julia staggered backwards to be caught by her friends. I was starting to walk forward till Nick pulled me backwards into my chair.

"Julia, I think your friends should take you to the nurse." Nick told her with a serious tone and commanding voice.

She and her friends scuffled out of the room, while Ms. Kathrine came back. Ms. Kathrine was about to ask them what was going on before Nick got up, walked over, and started to explain to her the situation.

"Nick, would you escort Liza to the principal's office? Stay with her until she's allowed to go."

Nick and I started walking down the hallway in silence. I was pushing on my ear, trying to make it come back to regular hearing volume. Everything was slightly muffled, and I had found some blood.

"I'm sorry I got you involved." I broke the silence.

"Why be sorry, that was the most interesting thing I've seen in a while." He chuckled.

"Yeah, maybe, but now you have to sit and waste who knows how much time just to listen to dumb-ass Julia lie about how I provoked her"

"I don't think she'll be able to lie. I saw the whole thing happen."

"Nick, so did her friends"

"Okay, but what about the rest of the class?"

"The rest of the class doesn't know me. Everyone knows her."

"Liza, I don't think that's true. Everyone knows her for being a revengeful bitch." Nick said angrily, raising his voice slightly.

"Dude, you don't have to worry about it. Last time this happened to me, I only had a call home, no suspension, nothing."

"What do you mean last time?"

"Now, that's a story for another day." I whispered as we neared the principal's office. "Just observe me work my magic, and when I talk about you, be prepared to give evidence.Okay?"

"Okay.." He unsurely whispered back.

And into the black hole we entered, to only see that Julia and her gang were already inside.