Chapter One

• Dedicated to My Best Friend

I don’t know how a lot of stories start, but mine started when I met my best friend, Logan. I wouldn’t say it was love at first sight, because it wasn’t. If I’m being completely honest, I didn’t even like him when I first met him. I just thought he was strange and a bit rude – if you met him then, you would know what I mean. He was really quite and now I understand that it was his personality, but back then I just thought he was being rude and ignoring me. By the way, I’m Ally, I’m sixteen, Logan – my best friend, he’s also sixteen, as is our other best friend Hayley.

Now, I wouldn’t say that we are like typical best friends who are completely inseparable and joined at the hip, we are more the best friends who are always there for each other, (or so I thought… but wait, I’m getting ahead of myself) who would defend each other like there was no tomorrow. I met Hayley first when we were nine and we then met Logan when we were thirteen. We were all at that really awkward age where we were just beginning to like the opposite sex as something more than friends, where we were getting boobs and discovering new things about ourselves that we never knew.

It wasn’t love at first sight with Logan, if I’m being truthful, I always thought his friend Henry was really cute. However, as I began to hang out with Logan more, and as our friendship developed, so did my feeling for him. Now, three years on and I still haven’t told a sole that I, Ally Morgan am in love with my best friend and it scares me to death.