Chapter 3

Why? That was the only constant thought going through my mind. Could he not see that I was in love with him? Or did he just not care? Those thoughts were also on repeat. This was driving me crazy!

It's been two weeks since the big announcement and it's already having an affect. I know it sounds stupid but I can't help comparing myself to her, 'maybe if I lost weight he would like me more' 'if I wore more make up maybe I would have a better chance' things like this were dragging me down. It wasn't just the fact that he was with her either it was like I suddenly didn't exist. Not once since this revelation have a received my standard good morning hug from Logan. Not once! It's the little things I notice which seem insignificant to most but then to me they're like a high five in the face, something you can't ignore. I notice the way he angles himself so that he is between her and any male, the way he pulls her to him like he wasn't just in the middle of a conversation or the way he blows of his previous interests just to see her.
I know I know, if it was me instead of her I wouldn't be having this problem but I'm not her therefor I am having this problem.

I miss him, not as the boy i love but as my best friend. Where's the boy I used to joke around with on the walk home, where's the boy who used to text me late at night just for a chat. Am I suddenly not enough for him that he drops me the minute something else, something better comes along?

Screw this pity party, if he doesn't value me or my friendship like I do him and his friendship then he can go fuck himself, I'm not gonna sit around and be his second choice. It's time for a new me, I'm gonna become someone people notice and no longer be Logan's short best friend. This is my senior year and I'll be dammed if I let that two faced bitch ruin it.