Chapter 2

Update:Some glitch happened and some parts like this one got unpublished so I here it is again and so sorry for the inconvenience.

"...And that's what happened."
The blonde male concluded,as he stretched out his arms.

The very next day,Captain Ryuji found himself talking about his run-in with the masked man who saved his life to an old friend,over a nice cup of beer.

They sat at a quaint little tavern,where loud chatter filled the crowded pub,in a small village near the woods from whence he came.

"My my~What a nice little story you've got there~"
A cute,yet striking female voice nodded.

That old friend is none other that the beautiful enchantress known as Ann Takamaki.
A gorgeous,but clever witch.
She had blonde pigtails,baby blue eyes and a lovely red-and-black strapped dress to compliment her bewitching body.

She tapped her fingers onto the wooden table,
"So that young man,was he a handsome fellow?
You were sooo mesmerized after all...~"

Ryuji let out a 'hmph" and shrugged it off,
"I can't really give ya an answer,for he had some mask on."

Ann's eyes widened in sudden shock of realization.
"You met him?!"

They earned a couple 'shhs' and annoyed glares from the other patrons of the pub from that yell.

Ryuji shot up, "Quiet,lass!!You're making a scene!!"

Ann stuck her tongue out at Ryuji,and sat back in her seat,puffing her skirt.
"ANYWAYS...The man you saw...did he had a white mask combined with a black coat with shredded coattails?"

"Erm..." He scratched the back of his head,trying to recall the memories.

'Black coat with shredded ends...
If I recalled...'

The long ripped-apart coat followed him from behind...Black as the night as if it camouflaged into the scenery...

'And a white mask...'

A-pure-as-snow kind of white,though it didn't seemed to match with the much darker clothing...It still stood out quite nicely...

The mask itself complimented the dark,
yet piercing blood red hues that were those eyes...

Ah,yes...such enticing and mysterious eyes...

"Hello? Earth to Ryuji!"

Ann snapped her fingers in front of Ryuji,breaking him from his dream-like daze.

"Sorry...And yea,I think I saw him like that."

"Jeez,stop spacing out like that! You had me a bit worried there..." She sighed.
"But never mind that! Ryuji, have you ever heard of the Phantom?"

He gave her a confused look.
"The what now?"

She groans.
"Do you ever stop to listen the latest of news?
Of course not...But listen well."

She cups her hand together on the table as she explains,
"Word on the street is that there is this young man going on and about in that same description of appearance that I just told you,that he helps people in the shadows of the night and defies authority all for the sake of "true" justice or something like that."

She continues,as she motions her hand as she speaks,
"Many people who have seen the man up close provided the same description that adds up the fact that it is indeed the same exact person.
And since he somehow always appears in the midst of nighttime,people started giving him the nickname "The Phantom".

She lets out a mischievous grin,
"Some even say that he may as well be the one to actually defy King Kamoshita and his reign of tyranny!"

'Ah...Right.King Kamoshida.Or KamoSHITa as we people like to call him.
He's an arrogant bastard who loves to drink,lie and deceive.
All he needs is women to sleep with him,alcohol to drink and some idiots to believe in his bullshit.
I dunno how some of these citizens are dumb enough to follow an asshole like him as their king...'

"If that's the case,then I'd totally root for the guy.If anyone can get rid of that sleazeball,I'd be overjoyed." Ann sighed in dismay.

"Oh right...you were one of the women he tried to get into his pants..." His voice trailed off.

"..." Ann nodded silently.

'It's a real shame honestly...
That bastard tried to assault Ann once in a gala against her will,and ever since she's been scarred by it...
And since King Asshat hates my guts as well,we sorta...bonded over our mutual hatred and became friends.'

"..." He leaned over and patted her in the back in a comforting manner.

"But either way,we still gotta deal with that shit-eating prick...." She clenches her fist in a bit of repressed anger.

"We'll get our revenge,don't worry..." Ryuji assured her.

"Yeah..." She nods with a smile.

Suddenly,loud footsteps ringed in their ears as they both turned around to find the source.

"Excuse me,but I am looking for a Sir Captain Ryuji by His Highness' orders."

Ryuji turns back to Ann and mutters,

"Fuck...."

Ann smiles and chuckles,
"Although I do enjoy the presence of
Sir Makoto,the ever ferocious war maiden of the Royal Guard,
my pity is now on you,my friend."

And end chapter! I hope you liked it,and hopefully my writing isn't so shit for the story ^^'
Thanks for reading!