Chapter 7 (Day 2) friendship or true-love 12:00PM (noon)

Knuckles was at the scene where Rouge was murdered.....Knuckles thought, there is no way Sonic murdered Rouge....that bat was murdered about five months ago......Sonic was with me at the shrine at the time....besides he was knocked out....I accidentally gave him a cup of water that had a bit of knock-out drops in it.....

(Flashback)

Knuckles wanted to get back at Sonic for laughing at him about being tricked again by putting a hot-sauce in a cup of water and give it to him....though he will apologize in the end..... but the plan back-fired as he accidentally put knock-out drops in it instead of hot-sauce..... he placed the cup of water on the steps and waits behind the master emerald as he saw Sonic appear.....he chuckled as he noticed the cup.....he drank it and sat the cup down but then Sonic felt his head and said, whoa....I..I'm feeling dizzy....I wonder if I'm getting....*lost track of what he is saying*...oh man I'm so.....tired.... Knuckles took a closer and realized that he used Knock-out drops.....he said, whoops....*then turns to Sonic as he was about to fall down the edge of the shrine*....OH NO SONIC!!!!..*he ran towards him, grabbed him, and pulled him close but Sonic was already knocked-out cold*....great just great....*looks at the slumbering hedgehog*..oh well guess I haft to keep an eye on him until he wakes up....*he sat down placed Sonic on his lap & started petting his head as the sleeping hedgehog purred*....well.....I haft to admit he's kinda cute when he's asleep...

(Flashback ends)

Knuckles blushed as he thought, shoot I forgot about that part.....why did I think that when I was only holding him on my lap? *Then he recalled Sonic purring as he petted his head*....well he was really cute.....*looses focus again and snaps out of it when he realizes*....do I...HAVE A CRUSH ON HIM?! Knuckles said as he looked around, I....I think it's best if I stick to.....besides we're both guys....he's my best friend.....I really think Sonic's a good person at heart but....oh what in the world should I do?.....*gives up* maybe I do like him.....I should confront him about it later but right now I need to focus on proving his innocence by finding some clues..... Knuckles continues to search unaware that a figure who is watching him said from behind with a familiar voice, shoot I haven't got away with it yet and already that nosy echidna is getting suspicious....I need to do something fast...