Chapter 9 - (Day 2) a kiss in the rain 8:11PM

It was still raining & Knuckles returned to the apartment when he saw a certain hedgehog in horror......he took a few feet towards but then stopped as his eyes widened at Sonic who didn't move......Knuckles yelled, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING OUT HERE?! YOUR COMPLETELY SOAKED AND YOU HAVEN'T EVEN RECOVERED YET!! Sonic slowly lifted his head and whispered with tears in his eyes, Knu....ckles......look.....just.....leave.....me.....here.....I.....wanna......die..... Knuckles was shocked but denied and said, no I told you I can't do that...... Sonic cried, WHY?! WHY CAN'T YOU JUST LEAVE ME TO DIE?! I DON'T NEED ANYONE HELPING ME!!! YOU ALL ARE JUST BETTER OF WITHOUT ME!! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?! Knuckles eyes widened but still denied and said, I.....look please just try to calm down I can explain *he undoes the wire around his legs and helps him up.....he held him in his arms as he looked at Sonic in the pouring rain....... Sonic who was still crying said as he forced himself to look at him, why.....why did you save me?......I don't understand......*gasped*.... Knuckles kissed Sonic as the rain poured down on them.....they were really drenched as Sonic held his arms around his neck......they parted as Knuckles held the crying hedgehog and said, Sonic I.....I love you.....I didn't wanna hurt you like that and never wanted to....I promise when I clear your name I'll never do it again....be lifted the blue hedgehog bridal-style and carried him back to the apartment.....he really blushed in embarrassment as he placed him in the bath.....he had to besides he was afraid Sonic might try to drown himself....he never knew Sonic would be this broken.....Sonic was really happy but now it was all his fault he was about to leave but he grabbed Knuckles by the shoulders and looked at his red friend with his dilated and teary eyes....he didn't look like he wanted to be alone....he whispered in a sad tone, I....I'm sorry....I'm....so...very.....sorry..... Knuckles thought, looks....like Sonic was sad....but I never realize how hurt he is....so alone.....his mind was tortured but I didn't want to admit it.....maybe it was a bad idea to leave him alone.....maybe I should just...take him with me tomorrow..... moments later they were sitting next to each other.....Sonic didn't wanna be alone he just felt like nobody cared but Knuckles was holding him close.....to make sure he felt safe....the rain settled a little......Sonic kept crying and apologizing again and again......until Knuckles had him gaze up at him and said as he placed a hand on his cheek, you have nothing to be sorry for.....Sonic you don't have to apologize for what you didn't do......Sonic didn't understand it but that's when things start to heat up.....