ch1

Marianna's pov
It's a cold night in winbell i stood up and rearranged my attire, am wearing a cotton off shoulder top with a leather skirt. 

That is what most workers like me in the inn put on. The owner of the inn madame Claire don't allow aprons as she doesn't like her workers looking like house wives.

She's in her late forties but looks like twenty five, she has a small stature, slim with her tiny waist and always on her red lipstick.

Sometimes i hear other workers gossiping about the way she sway her hip anything she's having an important guest.

Being a twenty seven years old you'll think my life is fulfilled or I've achieved my dreams. But am far from that, i work at Claire's inn just to make a living for myself, yep!  Just me i have no one, no family, just  few friends that i can't really trust.

And that is because am surrounded by gossipers and back stabbers. I live just down the street in a little house a generous man left for me, i don't even know him the only thing i know is that he's called Sabastain.

All i know about my self is that someone dropped me off in an orphanage immediately after i was born. Uhhh what a shame my mother could not fight to keep her own child, i have this strong hatred for my parents even though i don't know who they are, i just feel that they do not have the strongest reason to abandon me. I really should not be thinking about that right now ,i have work to do.

"MARIANNA! "  immediately i snapped out of my day dream. Madame Claire yelled my name.
"yes madame C". i said with a  calm and defeated voice.
"What have you been doing, darling i don't pay you to stand there all day.for your information those tables needs to be clean,now move your bony body before i FIRE you!" she yelled again.
"Am sorry"  i murmured  getting up immediately to do her bidding, though i don't like her attitude but i really need the money.

It is difficult to find a decent job in winbell.
Winbell is a kingdom ruled by a king or so I've heard because for all my nine years in this place i have not seen any king.

Rumours has it that the king as they say is a chronic womanizer, that he as bedded every woman whom he wasn't related to. The thought only makes me cringe in disgust.

Hey guys!  I know this is really short but I'll try my best to write more, thanks for reading anyway.. Hope you liked it 😉😉😘