Chapter 6

Professional Gaming Organization

And so, about a dozen or so metres away from where the two were, in the VIP section beside the seating area of the event host, all the team members of K&K had already picked up their own luggage and were preparing to leave when they saw this scene. Through a side door, they saw from afar that, in the rather empty last few rows of the audience seating, a cutie of a girl wearing a pussy bow blouse was pulling on the hem of their own leader’s shirt.

Aside from the young man with the tallest build who, wearing a baseball cap, still continued striding straight ahead, everyone else had all nosily halted his footsteps.

The Demon Overlord and… a girl?

He actually knew a girl?

Could it be…?

Within the team, Gun was known to be an insulator against all females of the unmarried classification. Fine, he did not recruit any female gamers onto the team, but even that rare female team captain he had hired was already married. He was absolutely an odd specimen in the profession. As a result, there was a secret rumour that had long since been circulating in the organization: Leader must already have an eldest sister-in-law[1] for them who very, very easily got jealous.

“So,” 97 logically deduced, “could this be Leader’s woman?”

Eh? How come she let go so soon?

What’d he say? Look, he scared Sister-in-Law until her face was all pale…

On the stands.

“…I remember you. Last week, in the cybercafé, you won a prize.” Tong Nian instinctively covered up for herself.

But the result was, the instant she finished saying those words, she wanted to slam her own head into a wall and die and just let things be at that. Why was she talking about the cybercafé again? Tong Nian, you’re so lame…

“Oh, right. Won a prize.” Gun obviously did not remember.

All around, it unexpectedly grew dark.

Up on the stage, the host turned on his microphone and began to warm-up the crowd with a string of appreciation and thanks expressed to the various sponsors… In the dark, he saw someone waving anxiously at him from the players’ lounge area, and from the looks of it, it was quite urgent.

“Enjoy watching.” Gun hastily tossed out this sentence and swung his legs over the empty seats of the last few rows, leaving directly through the stairwell at the outer edge.

Tong Nian stared after his receding backside, kicking at her suitcase with a slight feeling of dismay.

What should she do next?

She took a glance all around. Since she had come in midway through the competition, she could only sit in the last two rows. There was nobody beside her, and the closest audience members were two rows in front of her. After a short consideration, she climbed over a row and patted the shoulder of a boy in front. That person turned around, initially somewhat impatient, but when he saw that it was a ridiculously adorable girl, the expression in his eyes instantaneously grew warmer.

“Pardon me. I wanted to ask, what team is the one wearing a red and white team uniform?”

The boy was somewhat speechless. Someone would actually come here to watch a competition but not even know what the teams were. But considering that this girl was simply too cute, he still patiently answered, “K&K. One of the top two eSports organizations in the country.”