The Unexpected Guest

Friday Night, 7:30 pm, Parker's residence

Tonight was one of those nights where i didn't feel like doing anything. None of my plans turned out to be what i expected them to be, and with all that's going on in my head right now, why should i even have to go out?

I looked up to face the mirror. Staring at my slouched, lanky, physique, I cursed myself for agreeing to the bet with Flash. I should have known that no girl would ever say yes to being my date in prom. After all, I was just Peter Parker anyway. Same old geeky science nerd who got bitten by a radioactive spider which just happened to alter his DNA composition and replaced it with that of a spider's. Nothing new here folks, move along.

"Peter! Stop looking so glum and sad! It's your prom date tonight, and you should enjoy every minute of it dear," Aunt May scolded. I gave her a smile of reassurance, showing her that i appreciated her buying the suit and everything for me even though I was in a state of deep depression.

Smiling, she went upstairs and left me alone. I tugged on the tight bow tie on my neck, and loosened  it up a little bit. Ruffling my hair, i decided that i would stay for the night, which was a win-win situation for me: avoiding being the laughingstock of the whole school and using my extra time to make a new Spidey costume (because the new one was burnt from my recent fire escape). Making my way to the stairs, i started to undo my tie, relieved to have my neck free from the pressure.

Aunt May appeared in front of me and said, "And just where do you think you're going, young man?" She folded her hands in front of me and raised an eyebrow. I simply shrugged and said, "Look Aunt May, what's the purpose of even going to promenade if i don't have a prom date? Who will i have to dance with? They'll all laugh at me and call me freak, as if i wasn't called enough already." Sighing, i looked down melancholically. 

She blinked her eyes for a second and laughed. "But dear, i did get you someone. Her name's Mary Jane, remember? Anna's niece-"

DING DONG. The doorbell rang, and Aunt May quickly hurried herself down the stairs. "Oh she's here!" Peeking out the window she added, "And my, what a lovely dress. She's so beautiful." She turned to me and handed a box. "Here is her corsage. I picked green out because it matches her eyes, and they would look lovely with your buotonierre. Now i didn't have money for a limo, but the school's not that far to walk so-"

"YOU DID WHAT NOW AUNT MAY?!" I asked in utter disbelief. "You set me up with Ms. Anna's niece? Aunt May... You're an evil matchmaker!" I retorted.

"But you'll love her dear. I'm sure you will. And i'm sorry if i never told you that i planned this whole thing, but you musn't keep your date waiting." She says, pushing me nearer to the door.

I grunted and rolled my eyes. Ugh now i'm about to go on a blind date with some girl i've never seen before. If Flash sees me with her, it's worse than going to prom alone. It's upsetting, it's dreadful, it's...

I opened the door. The fat, nerdy chick i was expecting to meet was replaced by this gorgeous and amazing girl. She had perfect, beautiful red hair, green eyes, perfect smile, angelic face, and a hot body. I couldn't believe it.

"You... You're Mary Jane?" I managed to say, after being dumbfounded by her beauty. She grinned, placed her hands on her hips, tilted her head to the side and said, "Face it tiger- you just hit the jackpot."

I guess i did.