The Theft

Running into the large store, we instantly caught the attention of a lot of things. As we ran things tried to grab onto me. I didn't know if it was people or zeros but I didn't want to find out. Weaving our way in and out of isles and around zeros.

Once we reached the hunting section, we all grabbed different machetes and ripped them out of their plastic packaging. Right when Joey got his out he ran towards the closest zero and swung it down into it's head and it dropped instantly, he then ripped out his machete, now covered by a thick brown ooze.

He then started running to the left towards the "asesories" area of the hunting section. Once there Joey and Angela grabbed a duffle bag, and I grabbed a large backpack. Joey stayed there. I assumed he was grabbing camping items.

I took off as fast as my legs could go, following the signs hanging from the ceiling I easily found my way to the pharmacy part of the store. I grabbed things that said anything relating to cold or the flu, as many first aid kits as they had, Neosporin and other antibiotics, band aids, first aid tape, lice spray and treatments,  vitamins, and women's products.

While I grabbed all of that nothing went wrong, but once I slung the bag over my shoulder a zero walked out from around an isle, it's skin pale, it's eyes glazed over, and it's hands and mouth were covered in blood. I tried my best to keep my nerves under control but it just wasn't working. The zero slowly getting closer to me and breathing was getting harder.

I gathered all of my strength and and swung the machete into it's skull. It hit just above it's ear and the zero collapsed. I struggled to pull the machete out of it's head but with a slime sound it pulled out.

I looked around and saw the actual pharmacy area where people could pick up perscriptions. I struggled to get up and over the counter with my whole body trembling. I started to look for meds, I really didn't know what I was looking for.

I quickly glanced at the counter and saw a clipboard like, at a quick glance I could see strong antibiotics. I immediately went to find that shelf. It took me a couple of minutes but I found them and got two bottles of antibiotics, I shoved them into one of the smaller pockets of my backpack.

That was it I was done now I had to make my way back to the car. I could hear people but I really didn't see anyone or thing. I looked behind me and saw at least 8 zeros.

I broke out in a run, again tears falling from my eyes, I turned the corner and ran into 5 more zeros. I started to walk backwards and tripped over my feet and landed on my ass. I started to shake from fear and my palms grew sweaty making it hard to grip my machete.  

The zeros closed in on me. Then I felt hands grip my shoulders... This was it. This is where I die. I'll be eaten by zeros.

I heard a loud smack and pain jolted through my face. I looked up expecting to see Joey or Angela but instead found myself starring into deep blue eyes.

"Hey!  Are you okay?! Come on get up we need to go!" And with that he pulled me to my feet. We started running, I didn't know where we were going but I hope he did. He brought me through big black doors and I had realized we were in the back of the store, Where delivery trucks would drop things off.

"Are you crazy?" He said to me in a hushed yell.

"I...I..." All I could do was stutter.

He hushed me "Just stop, do you have a car. Someway to get out of here?"

I shook my head yes.

"Can I come with you?" He asked in almost a pleading way.

"Yes but you have to promise not to hurt my friends, cause if they get hurt from you I'll never for give my self for letting you come." I rambled on.

"Yes, yes I won't hurt anyone, my name is Beau." He said.

I gave him a quick nod, grabbed his hand, and took off as fast as I could towards the closest door. I pushed through it and a zero was immediately to me left. I swung my machete into it's head and it dropped. I was struggling with pulling in out and Beau came up and ripped it out in one fluid motion.

I re-grabbed his hand and ran until I found the car spotted at the back of the parking lot. Thankfully I could see both Joey and Angela in the car. I booked it towards the car.

I through open the door and fell inside, Beau came in tumbling on top of me.

"Delilah." I said simply.

He smiled, we both got up and he closed the door. Joey speed out of there just before the zeros closed in on us.