seven...

Chapter seven - the box.

I had no idea where I was going but I needed to blow off some stem. As I walk down the road I find the old diner. It had closed down right before she left, and coming back brought back good memories. The neon sign was still partly lit up. Big mamas diner but the n and the r wernt lit, makeing it Big mamas die. I laugh at the irony, seeing as it closed down after the owner had a massive heart attack. Big mama her self. I go in the back and crawl through the little hole that me and jazz made to sneak into the kitchen. Witch was now i stock plie of rotting bords and really old kitchen equipment. It looked dull and lifeless. Just like she did when she went into the ground. It was a closed casket but i saw her face when she hit the ground. It was so, unreal. I remember sitting at the front booth and wishing everyone who walked by a very happy unbirthday as we pretended to be facny wile sipping our hot tea. It was remarkable how we always seemed to be so cheery even wearing makeup to hide our mothers drunken beating form the night before. I sit in the booth and sigh.

"And a very happy unbirthday to you big mama." Jazz said holding up her tea cup and takeing a sip out of it with her pinky stuck out. I was manicly laughing at her wile the eyes of eveyone in the room fell upon the strange twin sisters. "Oh my god jessie, hot guy ten o'clock." Jazz said to me. And that was the first time we had ever met her prince in shineing tin foil. His hair was scruffed up like he just rolled out of bed and a cigarette hung out of his mouth. His glasses were placed low on the bridge if his nose, and jazz was praticly drooling. He fit her type of guys perfectly. When he cought her looking he started to make his way over to the table. "And a very hapy unbirthday to you young sir." I say as he walks by. He laughs. "A happy unbirthday to you too young ladys." He says with a wink in jazzes direction.

Im pulled back to relity by the buzzing of my phone.

Demon (mother) - i was very serious about you coming to live with me jessie.

I roll my eyes and ignore it. I hear a rustleing in the back. I turn my head and try to see what was going on. When i stand i see him. Damn he hadnt changed either. "What are you doing here cole?" I ask him and he looked startled. "Oh, jessie-" he trys to say. "Im going by my middle name, its elliott now." I say in a cold tone. Wich was understandable seeing as he broke my sisters heart. "Now im going to ask again, what are you doing here cole." I was irritated at his answer. "I came here to... rember the good times we had in that booth." He points to the place i was just sitting at. "Oh really? Becasue last time i cheked you didnt want to go near her again." I say shoveing past him. "She ment alot to me you know?" He says i nearly laugh. "Your alot and my alot must be two completely diffrent things, becasue if some one ment alot to me i wouldnt treat them like shit on my shoes." I say shimming out of the hole once more. Cole doesnt make a move to leave so i just walk back home, hopeing axel isnt there, even though i kniw what im going to be comeing home to. And for that reason, i walk extra slow.
_____

I open the door to excatly what i figured axel sitting on the couch. "Sit." My brother says. I do as he asks becasue i seem to be walking on thin ice. "El, your not going to live with mom. I just ask that you give her a chance. Maybe dinners at her house every sunday?" He says. "I would say no but it seems that i dont have a choice. Do i?" He shakes his head after getting up and going to his room. I sigh moveing to go to my home sweet hell. Im greeted by the same stale air i had gotten so fimilar with. I move to the book shelves that have my records on and pull out one of my favorites, then light a cigarette. I look at the mess around me. Takeing it all in, i walk to her closet. The same closet i had been sleeping in. But i took the comforter and pillow out. Trowing them in the floor, i crouch down and start looking for the box. The box we made when we were nine. Back in the days were things were simple. Where we could block out the world and just be jazz and jessie.

I know these chapters are getting shorter but I'm trying to build plot so it's just gonna have to be that way 857 words - this A/N stay wild moon child ❤️