Chapter two

Chapter two - the closet

The rest of the day went on. Angle boy eventually left my mind. By the end of the day, I was tired and my brain hurt. I waited for my brother. I sat on the ground and listened for the rust bucket.

Sooner then turned to later, and later melted in to even later. "Damn it axel." I stand up and start to walk to the house. "New girl, hey new girl wait up!" I hear someone say I turn to see... the one the only, angel boy. "Oh, you." I had turned but I continued to walk. He eventually caught up. "You have got to slow down." I was 5'7" and I had always walked fast, but I had found that I started slowing down while he walked beside me. I was almost out of the student parking lot when he asks me. "Do you need a ride?" I shake my head immediately "I'm good, I can walk, it's not like I'm going to be jumped, and its only an hours walk to my apartment." He shakes his head. "You cant do that. I'll drive you, it'll be so much quicker." He says i laugh. "What makes you think that I, the girl whom you just met, will take a car ride with you. Your practically a stranger!" I say at this point I had stopped and turned to him with a hand on my hip. He holds out his hand, "well I'm Toby Holdaway, I've lived here my whole life, and my favorite color is red." I laugh at his attempt to introduce himself. I hold my hand out to where its parallel to his, "I'm Elliot McCarthy and I too have lived here my whole life." I say. "Well Elliot now that we are no longer strangers, will you let me give you a ride to your apartment?" I roll my eyes. "No." And with that, I walk on the sidewalk towards my apartment. I grab my walkman and listen to the beautiful voice of my father and his guitar. I sing along with him, and I get lost in the tune.

When I get to the apartment, it was sundown. I walk into the apartment, and I find no one completely and utterly nothing. It was silent. Another fear of mine complete and utter science. "Axe, you here?" I say. I walk into the kitchen and find a note.

Sorry squirt, I'm on night shift at the depot. I'll be in at around 2 am, here's some money for pizza or whatever...

"Great nobody," I say to my self. Another one of my fears, loneliness. I set down my keys and make my way up to my bedroom. It was the same from this morning. The same black walls, the same band posters, the same bunk beds, the same smell of weed and cigarettes, same glow in the dark star stickers on the ceiling. It was home sweet hell, but home none the less. I change into something comfy, I then go back to the living room and plop down on the couch. I flip through the channels, finding a movie I was satisfied with, I leaned back and relaxed.

At around 9 o'clock, there's a buzz at the intercom. "Who is it?" I say in the microphone. "It's me, Toby." I hear the voice and I nearly choke. "Bloody hell how do you know where I live?!" I say into the mic. "Well, it was quite the task, seeing as this is the only apartment building in smith mountain lake." Goddamnit. "Go away, don't you have some pretty girl to pester," I say and I await his response. When I hear nothing I start to make my way back to the couch. "You're a pretty girl I'd like to pester." I roll my eyes. "No sir you are mistaken, I am a natural disaster, you don't want to be pulled into my storm, and I don't want to add you to the casualty list," I say this with sadness and I walk away.

I go to my room. I grab a pillow and a blanket and got into my closet. It was a sorta walk-in closet, but I made it work. I put my pillow on the far end and lay down my blanket, then wrap my self up with the excess edge. With this I let sweet sleep stop my thoughts, and shut down my brain for the night.
♤♡◇♧
An empty and unforgiving beeping fills the universe, and it takes me awhile to figure out that the angry beeps are coming from my alarm clock. I stand up and remember I'm in my closet. I open the door and hit the snooze. I put my pillow and blanket on the bed and start to get ready for school. With my glasses on I could see a better less blurry version of myself in the bathroom mirror. My hair had grown to about shoulders, and my bangs were in my eyes. I put my lip ring in and grab my bag. I take one last look at myself in the mirror and exit my home sweet hell, making my way to the kitchen. I start to make some toaster strootles when the buzzer buzzes at me. "Who is it?" I say, and the voice that replies is haunting. "It's your m-mother. C-could you buzz me up, Jessica?" I glare at the buzzer for not breaking when she hit it. "What do you want mom?" I ask, and the buzzer almost immediately buzzes back. "I-i want to spend... t-time with my daughter of course! Now buzz me up!" I could tell she was high on something. "No mom go away, you're not supposed to be near me," I say, I get a sad/tired sigh and static. I guess she stumbled off. Probably to go and pester someone else. My stroodles pop up and I put them on a plate and smear the icing on them. They didn't look like the ones on the box, which was kinda deceiving because they looked perfect and that's what you think you're going to get, but what you end up getting is some bread with cinnamon filling inside that didn't even cook all the way through. I had lost my appetite so I threw them out. "Axe you u-" I open my brother's door, but all I see is him sleeping peacefully. So I shut the door, and head out myself. I grab my keys and hop on rustbucket heading to school.

Getting there I got more stares than the first day I was there. I hop off the bike that was now successfully parked in one of the spaces in the student parking lot. I shake my hair out and clip my helmet to the handles. I walk into the school and amenity girls are death glaring me. "Oh joy, preppy girls," I say to myself. I blow my hair out of my face and continue to walk. The more stares I got the more I felt like laughing, but crying at the same time. I shake my head hoping to get the bad thoughts away. Most of these people probably think I'm insane because I'm here talking to myself and shaking my head to get away bad thoughts... I open my locker and add a new saying, "cloaked in madness I'm addicted to my sadness." I tape it up with the other one. I trade out textbooks and close it, only to see the face that I have started to loathe. "Angle boy, what the fuck do you want?" I say leaning opposite of him. "Well at the current moment, I want to know what your thinking in that pretty little noggin." I roll my eyes and walk away. "You can't escape me, Elliott, we have the first period together!" He yells this and I only walk faster. I walk until I find a closet that doesn't have big important letting on it janitors closet. I slide quietly inside and wait for the bell to ring.