Chapter Twelve: About Marinette

I woke up early in the morning with a smile on my face; I felt great. I looked over at my nightstand and didn't see Plagg. After a quick evaluation of the room, I found him passed out by the computer. I snuck down to the kitchen to grab him a few large slices of camembert; he had earned it.
"Good morning, Adrien. Feeling chipper, I see." the head chef greeted me with a smile.
"Hey! Yeah, I am. Thanks for the parfait this morning; it was delicious!"
She nodded at me and resumed talking with the kitchen staff.
After I got back up to my room, I set the plate of camembert down on the nightstand and grabbed some clean clothes for the day. I hopped up to take a quick shower and wash my hair, laughing to myself when I heard Plagg grumble about cheese in his sleep. As I turned on the water and slipped out of my clothes, I began to remember bits and pieces of last night's hangout with Marinette.

"Okay, I have to ask," I grinned.
"Did you make those pajamas yourself?"

We were sitting on the chaise, drinking hot chocolate and snacking on cookies. After an hour an so of hanging out, we had gotten pretty comfortable just talking.
I had been admiring her outfit for a while; a simple black crop top with a yellow bell design near the collar, and fuzzy green high-waisted shorts with black spots, much like my catacalysm. The buttons had green paws. Green paws.

"Ahh! Um, I mean.. I actually designed them for a collection I was working on; I sketched out a whole line of Ladybug and Chat Noir sleepwear. But I only actually made a few of them. My friend Alya, the one that runs the Ladyblog? She has the matching Ladybug set."

Marinette reached down and grabbed the kettle, pouring us two more cups of cocoa and topping them with a handful of marshmallows

"Man, what I wouldn't give for a set of those. They're honestly adorable."

"Oh! I mean..."

She leaned closer from where she was sitting beside me, catching me completely off guard as she studied my chest and put her hands on my waist.

"Uhm, M-Marinette..!?"

"Oh, sorry! God, so sorry." She blushed, quickly moving her hands away.

"That was probably weird out of context. Uhh, how tall are you, Chat?"

I laughed out loud, recalling how flustered I was. Marinette's too pretty to be acting so straightforward. That's a good way to give a cat a heart attack.

"I found it!"

"Found what?"

"A one-of-a-kind pair of Chat Noir pajamas, for Chat Noir, himself."

Marinette walked out of her closet with a hanger in each hand; one held a black v-neck tee with green cat eyes on the front, and another had fuzzy black pajama pants with little green paw prints, just like her buttons.

"You have them in my size!?"

"Yeah! I mean, it was intended for my friend Adrien, originally, but you seem to match his general size."

I coughed, choking on my hot cocoa.
Marinette had made me pajamas!?

"Are you okay?? I'm sorry, is it too hot?"

"Ah, no, it's fine," I reassured her. "But anyway, why didn't you give it to your friend?"

"Oh, um..." Marinette laughed awkwardly, clearly turning red.

This particular expression was one she wore often around Adrien, and suddenly, I knew why before she even got the words out.

"Well, if I'm being honest, I'm always super shy around him, so I didn't really know how to present it to him without coming off as weird..."

Smiling fondly at the memory, I put on a fresh outfit and grabbed a blow dryer. I went through my phone and found the Yelle playlist Marinette had mentioned last night. After my hair was dry, I turned off the dryer and styled it, until it looked less like Chat's and more like Adrien's. Plagg phased through the door to yell at me for being loud, only to find me singing into my hairbrush.

"Why are you being so weird this early in the morning?!"

"Morning, Plagg! Some cheese is already on the nightstand for you."

Plagg gaped at me like I had four heads.

"How on Earth are you this chipper after running around Paris until seven in the morning?! You haven't even had a full hour of sleep; you should be in a coma!"

"I don't know, I just feel good this morning."

Plagg snickered, "Oh, okay, I get it."

"Get what?"

"This is about your little date with your 'Princess' last night."

I knew I was probably red in the face, but I pretended not to notice. It would only feed his ego.

"I called her Princess one time, jeeze. Her name is Marinette."

"Twice, actually. And not to Chat Noir, her handsome knight in leather armor." Plagg batted his eyes, striking a comically dramatic 'damsel in distress' pose as he pretended to faint.

"Yeah, okay." I rolled my eyes at his theatrics. "As if Marinette Dupain-Cheng would ever fall so hard for anyone. She's too down-to-earth for that kind of thing."

* * * * *

"Tikki! Can you help me repin this poster of Adrien above my bed?"

"Oh, Marinette..."