Chapter 5

{A/N} this chapter is dedicated to my dear cousin, @heymmings! Check out her fanfictions; they’re absolutely wonderful (even if you’re not a fan) =)

*unedited*

Chapter 5

“Chrissy! I want my dinosaur! Where’s my dinosaur?” Trevor, the older twin, screamed from the other side of their living room.

“Go check in your room, sweetie. Have you seen your brother?”

“I dunno.” He shrugged. “’Go check in your room, Chrissy.” He said in a sad attempt to imitate me.

I sighed. This is exactly why I regretted being the only babysitter in the neighborhood. It gives me a lot of extra money, sure. But I’m sure as hell I would rather babysit more behaved toddlers.

“Travis! Travis, get in here, sweetheart!” I yelled through the house for Travis, wherever he is, to hear me.

Today’s a Monday and I have to babysit the Lewis twins from next door. Pauline and I haven’t seen each other since the day I talked to Justin and I desperately want to find a reason to escape this misery. I mean, I love the twins. But they really know how to get on my nerves.

Sitting down on the couch, I searched for my phone, which was unsurprisingly buried under the cushions. “Travis! Did you put my phone in the couch again?”

Travis came in through the kitchen door, his blonde locks flipping in the wind.  He stuck out his tongue and made a sound from the back of his throat. “That’s what you get for being on it the whole day! Why can’t you make us food? I’m hungry.”

“Because Travis, you just ate a few hours ago. You need to let your digestive system a little better. Eating more won’t help, sweetie.” I use my motherly tone on him in hopes that the little four-year-old would believe me.

“Fine. I think I’m going to finish digesting now.” With that, Travis turns around to go to the bathroom and shut the door behind him.

“Christine! Clean my room, Trevor’s been in there for the seventh time today and all he does is thrash everything around.” Gabe, their older brother, said from the top of the staircase.

“Excuse me, Gabe. I’m their babysitter, not your maid.” I cross my arms across my chest and called out for Trevor. “Trevor, it’s your brother’s birthday; give him the day off. I’ll just buy you a new dinosaur.”

Trevor looked at me with his blue eyes from behind Gabe. “But I don’t want a new dinosaur! Barney’s the one and only.”

“Come down here, sweetie and let me tell you something.”

He takes each step at a time with caution. When he was finally in front of me, I kneeled down and cupped his face with my hands.

“Listen, sweetie. Sometimes, it’s better to let things go so other people would enjoy them. Maybe somebody else found Barney and decided that he liked him. Would that make that person happier?”

He nodded. “Yes,”

“Barney is becoming too young for a big boy like you, anyway. Maybe it’s time to move on to bigger and better dinosaurs, don’t you think?”

“Okay, fine. But if Barney doesn’t want the boy who takes him, I want him back. “

“That’s my boy.” I said as I kissed his forehead. “Now go say sorry to Gabe for disturbing him on his birthday.” I shooed him away and look up to where Gabe was standing only to see that he wasn’t there anymore.