Chapter 9

ok so i just realized that im terrible at writing but whatevs i need to finish dis bc lyf. u can stop reading anytime lol

pic of justin douglas on the side x

-

Chapter 9

I looked at the two boys situated before me as they try to guiltily avoid my gaze. Their eyes were darting from one thing to another. Gabe risked a glanced at me and I raised my eyebrows. "Look, Christine. I didn't think you'd be upset over this."

"You're right," I said, leaning against the kitchen counter and crossing my arms over my chest.

"I am?" He said, his eyes widening.

"Yeah, you're right. You didn't think." As much as I would love to laugh at their remorseful faces, I didn't. The only thing stopping me from bursting into hysterics is Justin's red face. "And Justin, why are you so mad about this?

"Christine, you know Gabe. He's a-"

"A player, a man-whore, a jerk. I know." Gabe said, rolling his eyes. He looked at Justin with raised eyebrows. "Don't you know anything about Christine? She's as stubborn as a rock."

"When you put it like that, it sounds like I'm the bad guy," I muttered. Surely, though, one of them might have heard me

"Christine, Gabe, just tell me what happened." Justin sighed. I don't understand why he's irked about this kind of situation. It's not like he cared about my purity or whatever.

"Bang, bang!" Travis ran through the kitchen door, holding a toy gun in his hands. He aimed the toy at Justin, pulling the trigger multiple times. "Bang!"

"See? Even Travis knows you two did it." Justin said, an accusing tone making its way through his smug smirk.

"Travis, go back to your room or play outside. We're talking about grown-up stuff." I rushed over to where he was and ushered him out.

"I wish I was grown up." Travis mumbled as he went out of the kitchen. I turned to look at the two very immature boys glaring at each other.

"Okay, fine." Gabe sighed, throwing his hands up in surrender. "I didn't do it."

"Thank God, the devil admitted." I said. "See, Jus? You have absolutely nothing to worry about."

Why do I even care about what he thinks?

Justin only raised his eyebrows, showing that he doubted Gabe's previous statement. I was starting to get really annoyed at how he was making this such a big deal.

I was about to go off on another rant when I suddenly realized the reason why Justin is being such a prick about this:

He's jealous! He likes me!

Ew, I sound like a brat. I probably am, but who cares? He likes me! It's too late now though. Meh.

Justin threw one last glare at Justin before standing up. "I would love to stay and chat about this wonderful information about not having sex with my neighbor," he said sarcastically. "But I have somewhere else to be. So see you."

Ouch.

When I heard the door slam shut, I turn to Gabe and gave him a shy smile. "Sorry about that. I didn't think he'd make it such a big deal."

"Whatever," he said nonchalantly, waving his hand in the air. "I do have a proposition, though."

"What?" I leaned my elbows on the counter, suddenly curious about his 'proposition'.

"Well, it's pretty obvious that Justin's into you so-"

I scoffed.

"-I came up with a plan. It's pretty clever if you ask me."

"Don't tell me it's one of those 'let's make him jealous' technique people do in cheesy novels."

"Yes, actually." He said as I groaned.

"Whyyy?" I said, dragging out the word. It may seem fun to make Justin jealous but it's still not right.

"Because,"

"Because what?"

"Just because."

"Fine." I sighed, finally giving in. "So what's the plan?"

-

omg this is super short and terribly written so i apologize

(finally updated after three and a half months)

xoxo, katie