Chapter 8: Christmas Fair

I pull up outside of Sarah's house and text her letting her know I'm here. A few minutes later she comes out of her front door and walks over to my car. She stands looking at me through the window. I wind it down pulling a face.

"What's wrong? Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah... but do you mind if Michael comes to the fair with us? He text me last night and I kind of invited him.."

I look behind Sarah and see Michael walk out of her front door. I sigh.

"You could have let me know sooner Sarah."

"I know sorry.. I didn't think you would mind so much because your be with Thomas."

"Hey Leah!" Michael says sounding too happy. He smiles at me. He's wearing a red shirt, black trousers and a fedora hat.

I roll my eyes and Sarah smiles.

"Thank Lee." Sarah says walking over to the passenger side, getting in.

"Yeah it's real nice of you picking us up." Michael says getting in the back. "Where is Thomas?"

"He's meeting us there." I say starting to drive.

"Michael mentioned you saw him while shopping yesterday." Sarah looks at me.

"I feel like you're stalking me." Michael says moving forward, holding on to the back of my car seat.

"No, every where I go you're there. You're the one following me."

"I was shopping..."

I look at him in my rear view mirror and he raises an eyebrow making a face. I shake my head focusing back on the road.

"Oh and Sarah's mobile is fine. She replied to my text message instantly."

"Yeah why did you say my phone was messing up?" Sarah asks me.

"So Michael didn't come tonight." I sigh. "But obviously my plan failed."

"That's a bit mean. I thought we were going to be civil towards one another?"

"And I thought I said I didn't want to see you again."

"What? When did you say that?" Sarah asks lowering her eyebrows.

I look in the mirror again looking at Michael and he looks at me.

"I'm only joking..." I lie. "I haven't said that, I just said it in retaliation.."

"Yeah, she doesn't mean it." Michael grins and I glare at him.

"Of course i don't." I say sarcastically. "Anyway whats with the hat?"

"Its sexy." Sarah smirks looking at him. Michael touches it and smiles.

"Won't it blow off on the rides?"

"No." Michael says.

"I guess your head is big enough so it stays on." I smile looking back at him. He rolls his eyes and fake laughs. 

 It goes quiet and Michael starts making noises with his mouth, and tapping his foot. The fuck is he doing? I turn the radio on to block him out and now he is humming to the songs.

"Watch out!" Michael raises his voice, making me jump and swerve my car.

"What!!?" I shout.

"There was a cat on the road."

"It would have moved out of the way Michael. Fucking hell you scared the shit out of me." Sarah laughs. I sigh, feeling my heart beat fast.

"You should focus when you're driving."