Chapter 14: Making Sense

I wake up to the sound of my alarm. Its 8 o'clock! I've only slept for an hour, and i now only have 30 minutes to get ready for work! I feel like i haven't slept at all. I get out of bed and rub my head. I have a massive headache. I quickly go in to the bathroom and take a shower. I wonder if Michael actually stayed and slept on my sofa. I stand under the hot water trancing back to last night... i need to stop thinking and get a move on. I finish in the shower and rush in to my bedroom. I dry myself off, and then towel dry my hair quickly. I slide on a pair of clean panties and put on my bra. I look through my wardrobe for a white blouse. I cant find it! I look around my room and look at the time. I am definitely going to be late. I look over at the door way and see Michael looking at me. His shirt is still unbuttoned. I look away and continue to try and find my blouse.

"Can i use the toilet?" He asks softly, through a croak.

"Knock yourself out." I say not looking at him.

I find my blouse and put it on, then put on my black skirt. I rush around my bedroom, and quickly apply some light makeup. I don't even have time to dry my hair properly, so i towel dry it as much as i can and then put it up in a bun. I rush down stairs and put on my heels. I seriously need some tablets before i go out. I go in to my kitchen and pour myself a glass of water. Michael walks through, in to the kitchen. I look through my cupboards for tablets.

"Im sorry for-"

"Yeah lets just forget about it." I say finding a box of tablets. I take a couple and swallow them.

"I meant i'm sorry for making you late for work. Im not sorry for what we did last night."

"I don't have time for this." I walk past him picking up my bag.

"Let me meet you on your lunch break?"

"No Michael.. come on." I say trying not to look at him as i walk out of the kitchen. He follows behind and walks out of the front door with me. I lock up and walk over to my car.

"Thanks for letting me stay over." He stands looking at me with his bed hair, looking a bit rough.

"You wasn't in a fit state." I quickly look at him and then get in my car.

"I'll see you around." Michael smiles slowly.

I ignore him and shut my car door, starting up my car. I pull out and start driving to work. I arrive 20 minutes late... and feel like utter crap. I rush in to the office and glance over at Sarah. She looks over at me and smiles. I can barely look at her. I quickly sit at my desk and place my face in my hands sighing. Maybe i shouldn't have come to work today. Lunch time comes around and i have hardly done any work. I just keep thinking about last night... and Michael... i can't stop thinking about him. I try and work through my lunch so i don't have to stay late.

"Hey you." Sarah says walking over to me.

"Hi." I say continuing to look at my computer screen.

"Late night last night was it?" She asks chuckling.

"Sort of." I chuckle, still not looking at her.

"Coming for some lunch? Im going to meet Michael."

"No." I say quickly.

"Ok?" She laughs.

"I mean, i would but i am just going to work through my lunch break... instead of staying after work to make up the time."

"Ok, well its probably best you don't. Me and Michael have been arguing a bit."

I stay silent, continuing to work.