Chapter Eight - Laughter is the Best Medicine

K.O. sighed. Lately he's been thinking more and more about things that happened before. He remembered the time that Shadowy Figure tricked him into unleashing T.K.O. and wrecking the plaza. That was one of the many memories that he'd like to forget, it made him feel worse each time he remembered it.

Then he remembered the time when T.K.O. became his own separate person from K.O. He shivered at the memory as he remembered every inch of antagonizing pain he felt as T.K.O. was created into his own being. K.O. still had no idea where he went, though, because after he was separated, he ran off never to be seen again.

He actually wondered if T.K.O. was alive and what he was up to, though he shook that from his head. He knew he shouldn't be wondering if T.K.O. was alive or not. If he was alive, he was with the villains, and if he wasn't, then he wasn't.

He was broken from his thoughts when he let out a sneeze. Colewort and Potato immediately looked at him as if he just made the worst mistake ever, and this made K.O. feel awkward. Now that he was thinking about it, he hardly ever sneezed anymore, and when he did, it usually meant one thing.

"You're getting sick!" Potato shouted, running up to him. "Ohh no, this isn't good!" She started walking around in circles frantically, trying to figure out what to do. K.O. just looked at her with his head tilted, watching her in confusion as she walked back and fourth.

"I'm fine, guys," he said, chuckling. "It was just a little sneeze, nothing more."

Potato ignored what he said and grabbed his cheeks and pulled him close to her face. "No! You're getting sick!" She said in a quiet voice. "We need to make you feel better!" She let go of his face and ran in front of him, making K.O. just continue to stare.

Suddenly, she started flailing her arms and legs around and shouting random things, which immediately confused K.O. He just watched in confusion as she continued to do random things, and one of the weirdest ones was her clucking and acting like a chicken and saying she ate rainbow barf.

Though he was confused, K.O. couldn't help but smile while Potato was doing what she was doing, and eventually he burst out laughing. When this happened, Potato stopped and looked at K.O. with a smile, happy that she successfully succeeded the mission she gave herself.

"You feeling better now, K.O.?" Potato asked, walking up to him with her smile now turned into a grin. He looked up at her and continued to laugh, trying to get himself to stop. He continued laughing for a while until his chest hurt and he couldn't laugh anymore.

"Haha, yeah," he said, getting up off the floor from laughing. "You really did succeed in making me feel better, good job, Potato."

She laughed a little bit and she looked at Colewort, who was still standing there. "Hey! Don't make me make you cheer up now!" She declared, still grinning like crazy. "I'll be very happy to do it a second time!"

"Please don't," Colewort said, walking toward K.O. and sitting down next to him. "Last time I laughed like K.O. did steam came out of me and it was a disaster."

"Oh yeaahhh, I remember that," Potato said. "Haha, man, those were the times, huh? Back when the world wasn't taken over by villains and we all lived peacefully..." Potato let out a long sigh as she remembered things from when everything was normal.

"Don't we all?" K.O. asked, looking down at the ground as he remembered his other friends. He wondered what had become of Enid and Rad - that is if they were alive - and what they were doing. He still missed them and he would've loved it if they were a part of his friends group.

Even though he missed Enid and Rad, words couldn't describe how much he missed his mom and Dendy. He knew he's been repetitive with those two and seemed like a broken record about it, but they were important to him.

The stuffed bear he had was the last thing he had that reminded him of his mom, and he knew he had to protect it. If he ever saw his mom again, he knew he wouldn't take her for granted like he did before, instead he would spend every moment with her that he could.

Deep down, though, he knew that seeing his mom again was a near impossible task with villains ruling the planet. If she was alive by any chance, then she would've already been killed a long time ago. He let out a small sigh, which then broke the silence.

"I guess you're right," Colewort said, looking down at the ground. "We all have something to miss from before." He looked at Potato and K.O. slightly, but still kept his gaze at the ground.

"Even if that something is long gone."

(A/N) Sorry for the late update! My dad was gone for a while and I was doing other things, and I started working on the chapter before my dad took me out to eat, and then I got back and started working on it while switching back and fourth between YouTube and Wattpad because I kept getting notifications for the SU clips xD

Anyway here's an update that was a bit fun to work on! I hope you enjoyed, and please vote and comment if you did, and I'll see you in the next chapter! xP