Chapter Eleven - The Plan

"So you're actually going to trust that thing?" Colewort asked, tilting his head. "Are you sure that's a good idea?"

"No, it's a completely terrible idea," K.O. responded. "But just like Potato and I told you, we're willing to risk it. Are you with us or not?"

"Yeah, I'm with you guys," he said. "I just don't have a good feeling about this."

K.O. just nodded and walked over to Potato, who was putting some things in the bags so they'd be ready when they left. "I know that whoever wrote that letter said they had supplies in the resting places, but you can't trust anyone anymore," she said as she placed two bottles of water in each bag.

"Yeah, but we can't leave right now," K.O. said, looking at the time. "It's still only about noon, we have all day."

"Wait, when are we leaving anyway?" Colewort asked, confused. "I know we're leaving at night, but when exactly are we going?"

"Well, the map says that from here to the next location should only take about three hours, and the next location takes only two hours from there," Potato declared, looking at the map as she spoke.

"Usually villains are out still until about midnight, and so we can grab our stuff at around 12:05 and leave at about 12:10. If we continue leaving and don't take breaks, we should get there at about 3:10 and rest for about ten minutes. If we rest for ten minutes only, we should get out of there by 3:25, then we can leave and head toward the next one, where we should arrive at by 5:25. We can spend the rest of the night and day there, and make our next plan tomorrow when it's time to do so."

K.O. and Colewort just looked at her with their eyes wide, in shock at her plan. They didn't know that someone could make a plan like that in such a short amount of time. "Welp, that seems like a good idea," K.O. responded with a completely straight face.

"Yes, thank you. Hopefully we won't be delayed by any villains and mess our plan up. We also can't get distracted and stuff like that." As she said the last part, she looked at Colewort with a glare. She knew he had a bad habit of being distracted when out and about sometimes, and she wanted him to be aware he couldn't be doing that this time around.

Colewort just looked down at the ground and blushed a bit, and it went a little bit quiet.

"Now help me out and fill up these bags with me," she said to Colewort. "K.O., you get Dendy's hackpack ready, we're going to need it." This caused K.O. to immediately blush and look over toward the side in embarrassment.

He grabbed Dendy's hackpack the day he saw her thinking that he'd need it one day, but he never thought he actually would have to use it. He thought that when Dendy gave him instructions on how to use it that one day that she just trusted him enough to tell him how she used it.

He sees what she meant now when she said one day he'd need to use it when she wasn't around. He didn't think anything of it until now, and now he was wondering how she even knew that.

He just sighed and walked over to the hackpack, which had dust and scratches on it. He blew and wiped off the dust and clicked the power button. While he was waiting for it to turn on, he grabbed the digital clock and inserted it into the place he originally took it out of.

Once it powered on, he was greeted by a screen asking who the user was. He was surprised to see his name on the users list, but he shrugged it off and clicked on his name. Screens surrounded him, and he looked at each and every one of them.

One of them had the profiles of his friends, including Enid and Rad, and his mom. They all had info on them, but for Enid, Rad, and his mom all of their statuses were marked as unknown and all the current info on them was missing and once again marked as unknown.

The next screen had the time, date, weather, and temperature. His eyes quickly glanced to the date and he let out a gasp.

Sunday, November 12th, 201Y

It's been nearly year since the wipeout, and he couldn't believe it. It didn't even feel like a year, but then again, it didn't feel like time really passed at all. He just let out a sigh and stared at the other screen, which had information on the villains around the area.

K.O. shook his head after a bit and turned the screens off. He put on the hackpack and walked back over to Potato and Colewort, still unable to believe it's been nearly a year.

Nearly a year since his life became a living hell.

(A/N) Sorry for not updating yesterday, with everything going on I really couldn't even if wanted to get to updating. Either way it's fine now and he's apologized for it, so yeah

Anyway, that's really all I want to say for this chapter. Please vote and comment if you enjoyed, and I'll see you in the next one :)