Chapter 4

They’re sleeping together. His bed feels little when they’re together. They’re grown up man and they need to cuddle, to avoid someone falling down on the hard floor. Dan would wake up Phil earlier than he set his alarm. Phil will give Dan a kiss and starts to prepare for work. That became their daily routine, and then at night, sometimes they’ll do it but sometimes, they would just cuddle and exchange kisses. It feels perfect, almost like Phil is only dreaming.

However, nothing lasts forever. Phil went home at his usual time, when he entered his flat, he saw Dan crying his eyes out, some furniture’s are destroyed and others are flipped upside down. Phil rushed on Dan’s side and tries to soothe him.

“I need to come back.” Dan said and he hugs Phil tightly, “My kingdom needs me.” He added and sobs again. “I don’t want to go.”

Phil felt his heart break, Dan is choosing between him and his kingdom. Dan chose him but he didn’t feel happy about it, but he need to be brave for Dan, and Dan need to go back.

“The Witch knows about you,” Dan stare at Phil’s eyes, his eyes turned red when he mentioned the word ‘Witch’ Phil feel a little bit scared. “She went here, held my henchmen as hostages and threatens to kill you, if I didn’t fight her.”

Phil don’t know what to answer, he didn’t experienced something like this so he don’t have any idea how to help Dan. He thought that encouraging Dan to go back to his kingdom would help their problem. “You should go they’re important.” He said and tightens his grip on Dan’s shoulder.

Dan nods, “I’ll go back here, I promise.” He said and pulls out a piece of black paper on his pocket, “Hold onto this, if this burns. I’m dead.”

With that Dan stands up, his wings appeared on his back and he disappeared. Phil cling on the little piece of paper Dan gave to him, he held it close to his heart and wish that he’ll be alright.

A month has passed and Dan’s not yet back. Phil is very worried about the days that would passed, but some negative thought would cross his mind, saying that Dan got out of his curse and now madly in love with a female. The paper is still intact, every time he’ll wake up and before he’ll sleep he’ll check the paper. He didn’t leave it on his house, it’s always on his pocket or bag.

Phil woke up, someone is whispering on his ear, ‘sorry’ and then an unbearable heat tear through his thigh, he fell asleep on his jeans. He pull out the thing that’s making that heat and saw that the black paper that Dan gave is burning. He ran on the kitchen and pour water on the paper, his eyes starts to sting, ‘if this burns. I’m dead.’ Phil is now fully crying on the sink, the little paper start to become smaller and smaller. He whines, rack his hair and punch the tiled kitchen counter. He doesn’t feel any pain on his knuckles, only the pain of his breaking heart. It can’t be real, this must be a dream. He look again at the sink only to find the paper gone and only wet ashes left. That’s the time, Phil fell down.

--

Recovering on what happened to his love is hard for Phil, he still went to his job but he’s messing everything up. That’s when his boss decided to hire someone on his behalf or in other words, the one who’ll get his job. Phil tries to do his best, when he heard about it but the decision of his boss didn’t change.

A week later, a new employee arrived. Phil is literally slumped down on his desk, he is ready to leave.

Someone tapped his shoulder and he heard a familiar voice. “Sir?”

He snaps up his head and saw Dan looking down at him, except it looks like he didn’t recognize him. Phil stands up and places his hands around the new employee’s shoulder. “What’s your name?”

“Daniel Howell.” The new employee responded and Phil can’t help but to smile, his boss approached them and introduce the new employee to Phil, he already removed his hands on the others shoulder.

Same voice, hair, eyes and height but not an Incubus.

*****

sorry ((yes I know, this is weird. srsly))