Hard Knocks

THIS BOOK IS NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON KINDLE .
THIS BOOK IS HAS BEEN UPDATED AND EDITED. IF YOU'VE READ THIS BOOK BEFORE YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE SAME BOOK ON KINDLE. IVE ADDED CHAPTERS, CHANGED NAMES, AND CHANGED A FEW PLOTS IN THIS BOOK!!! ALL MY WORK WILL NOW BE ON KINDLE UNDER THE NAME ALYZENE MOORE.

THANK YOU.

Lashontae Heckard

I yawn and stretch as I'm just waking up I hear yelling and screaming.

"What is it now?" I mumble to myself as I pulled the blankets off me from the mattress that is lying on the floor. I look beside me making sure Ebony is asleep I kiss her cheek and get up walking slowly to the door. I can hear my momma yelling about something but I also hear a mans voice. Curiosity got to me so I opened the door and slid out making sure not to make any noise as I crept to the front.

"Please I need it" I see my momma on her knees begging a nigga I have never seen before for I guess another dose of heroin.

"Look bitch yo ass already 500 dollas in debt you lucky I let chu hang this long, you think I'm bout to let chu stiff me some more bitch I want my money" he pushed her she curled up in a ball and cried yelling 'I need it' I shook my head.

"Get up bitch" he growled at her my eyes widen when she got back on her knees.

"How bad ya want it?" He smirked at her.

"I need it, I'll do anything" she plead scratching her neck with one hand and twirling her nappy ass hair with the other.

"Suck my dick" he told her and my eyes widen I hope she don't do no degrading shit like this for a fix.

She bit her lips and started unbuttoning his pants. I went back to our room but made sure not to make a sound. I walked over to my phone that was on the charger and checked the time 4:37am my phone read I sigh and flicked the light on.

I smiled at ebony sprawled out on the mattress and peacefully sleeping my pride and joy. I got down on the floor and kissed her cheek she is so precious and one day I'm going to get us out of this hell hold. I whispered "I promise we'll be out of here" then I crawled to the blue container we had with the little clothes we had in there.

I pulled out her denim jeans and black long sleeve shirt for her to wear. I got me my black leggings and a plain pink shirt. I tried stalling time by cleaning up our small room that Ebony and I share. I shook my head at her toys all on the floor and her coloring book with crayons scattered everywhere. I started to clean up to kill time so my momma could finish what she was doing and I could get us ready.

By the time I finished it was 5:35am I grabbed my clothes and walked to the bathroom my mom was laid in the hallway on her high I sigh and put my clothes in the bathroom. I went to get her up off the floor.

"Come on ma' you gotta get up before Ebony see you" I tried to get her to stand to her feet.

"I can do it myself bitch" she yelled getting up but having a hard time she started laughing then she looked at me.

"I'm sorry baby, mommies sorry" she hugged me.

"I know ma' just come on and get some rest okay?"

"Okay baby, you so pretty Tae look at ya" she smiled as we took the short walk to her room.

"Thank you ma'" I smiled at her and gently placed her on her mattress she curled up I pulled the covers on her and walked to the bathroom.

While in the shower I thought about how my day would go I had to get Ebony over to Mrs. Jones house by 7am then get to school by 8am, then I had work from 4pm to 10pm and doing all this while catching the bus in November in the cold Detroit weather.