Say What?: Chapter 3

THIS BOOK IS NOW AVAILABLE ON KINDLE UNLIMITED.
THIS BOOK IS HAS BEEN UPDATED AND EDITED. IF YOU'VE READ THIS BOOK BEFORE YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE SAME BOOK ON KINDLE. IVE ADDED CHAPTERS, CHANGED NAMES, AND CHANGED A FEW PLOTS IN THIS BOOK!!! ALL MY WORK WILL NOW BE ON KINDLE UNDER THE NAME ALYZENE MOORE.

THANK YOU.

Lashontae Heckard

"Thank you I had fun" I said as I held Ebony in my arms she was out for the count.

"Glad I could make you smile, I like seeing it" Durk said softly with Papi half way asleep leaning on his leg.

"Well goodnight and thanks again" I blushed and opened my front door he mumbled a goodnight and we parted ways.

I looked around and everything look the same I guess my momma didn't come home. I took Ebony to our room and laid her on the mattress she shifted around but fell back to sleep. I kissed her cheek I'm glad we ate pizza before we left because I don't feel like cooking for her.

I put my sweats back on and laid next to her I covered us up I did my prayers and I was knocked out. I feel like I only got 10 minutes of sleep I hear my phone ringing I groan and reach for it Durk name pops up I clear my throat and answered.

"Hello"

"Oh you was sleep my bad" he chuckled I pulled the phone away and looked at the time.

3:30am

"Boy it's three thirty in the morning, nigga what chu think I'm doing?" I gave him attitude.

"You and that attitude I'm gone have to fix that shit"

I turned towards the wall and smacked my lips.

"You ain't gone do shit" I mumbled.

"Oh watch that language young blood" he laughed.

"Boy leave me alone, you swear you grown" I chuckled some.

"Cause I am"

"Yeah right" I rolled my eyes.

"But look I was thinking right?" He paused.

"And?"

"Y'all got that good hair going on and shit you mix with summin?" He asked seriousness all in his voice I bust out laughing.

"You called me to ask me what I'm mixed with really?" I face palmed.

"So?"

"My momma is black and she said my dad was Korean" I said simply.

"She said? So you never met ya dad?" He asked.

"Nope, probably never will either"

"Why you say that he dead?"

"My momma don't even know who he is" I sighed.

"I'm sorry bout that"

"Sorry for what? It's cool it ain't like it's yo fault" I laughed.

"I'm just being thoughtful" he laughed.

"Thanks, so Durk your real name?"

"Yeah, why everybody always ask that" he wondered.

"I mean it sound like a nick name or something"

"My dad gave me that name, but anyway when you turn 18?"

"Why?" I bit my lip trying not to smile and blush.

"Cause a nigga want to know"

"April 14, when you turn 20?"

"September 3rd"

"Oh you just turned 19, two more years then you really will be grown"

"I'm paying bills and taking care of business like a grown man, I'm considered a grown man and I'm taking care of my son" he stated with pride.

"True, so what about your baby moms? If you don't mind me asking"

"What about her? is we still together?"

"I mean are y'all?"

"Nah she got her a nigga, we cool though she the homie"

"That's good, so how old is Papi anyway?"

"My little dude 4, what about Eb?"

"Same her bad ass"

"So how did it feel knowing you was gone be a dad?" I wanted to know.

"At first it was like another responsibility but when I found out it was a boy I just knew like it's gone be great and so far that's what it's been"

"Aww" I cooed.

"Chill on that shit" he laughed.

"I just think that's so cute"

"You got any other siblings?"

"Yeah my ma' said I got an older sister and a little brother" I said sighing.

"What happen to em'?" He asked concerned.

"She lost them in the system, I don't know where they are and don't really have memory of them but I mean maybe one day we will all meet my sister should be 24 and my brother probably 15"

We talked until about 8 o'clock just getting to know each other and laughing. I learned that he has 4 siblings 3 brothers and 1 sister, he the baby. He only had 1 relationship and that's with his baby mother Teyanna.

His parents are married has been for 35 years now, and that he loves his son a lot. I got up and went to the kitchen starting on Ebony and I breakfast I pulled the eggs out and bacon as I cracked the first egg and put it in a bowl there was a knock at the door I scrunched my eyebrows together who the fuck could this be. I walked to the door I opened it and it was our landlord he shouldn't be here I gave my momma my half of rent.

"Hey how you doing?" I smiled leaning against the door.

"Fine, is your mother home?" He asked Mr. Lee our landlord was an old black man that look like he shouldn't even be walking.

"No sir she's not, but what brings you here?" I asked the politest way I could.

"Your mom hasn't paid rent in 4 months I'm sorry but you guys have 6 days to move out"

__________

Them filler chapters be short don't it? 😩