Milo's eyes

Maddie's POV
I felt a tug on my jacket as Amber got up to enter Milo's room. Dena grabbed my hand has her husband and Amber went to his room.
"Maddie we knew about your family from the beginning." Her arms around my shoulders, hugging me. "Milo chose this path with you. H doesn't look good Maddie"
"Dena I... never meant for him to get hurt" tears welled in my eyes. "He and I we had just gotten over a huge fight"
"He loves you. It is very hard for a hearing and a deaf to love each other, but you to make it work out." She smiled down at me. "Keep him safe from now on. He doesn't know how to protect himself from people like you"
People like me. That hurt way more than the time I was shot, even the time I was abused.
"Maddie he's awake" Amber came out with her dad. "He wants to see you"
I got up and walked groggily to his door. My heart hurt, my body felt heavy and my mind created situations where that I could not escape. I slid the door open and walk in, looking at the love of my life laying in the middle of the room with monitors surrounding him. His one eye had a gauze wrapping around it, his body was covered with blankets so that damage just shown across his face. His eyes were what bothered me. He had to see me to be able to hear me.
"Maddie" his voice was what hit me next.
His voice was low and rough like sand paper.
"I'm right here Milo" I touched his hand and he smiled up at me.
"I can't see you right now, my eyes are blurry" I kissed his bruised cheek gently.
"It's ok" sitting down I held his hand gently.
"Don't leave" he curled his fingers around my hand, dozing off again.
"Never again" I cried, knowing he couldn't hear me I painfully continued. "I'm never leaving your side again. I caused this to happen. I'm so sorry."
Amber wrapped her arms around my shoulders.
"He is going to have a different colored eye from the color draining but the doctors say he's going to be just fine" I sighed in relief.
"I love you Milo" I smiled down at him.
His hand tightened around mine.

Dena's POV

1 day ago

"I am going to ask her the last day of school" he smiles speaking to my husband and I.

"Honey... It's very soon" I rubbed my arm nervously.

"You and dad got married when you were young. Plus Maddie and I have been together for a couple of months. Plus graduation isn't for 4 more months" he defended with a smile plastered on his face. "I love her"

"She's a criminal" Richard finally spoke up.

"Dad she would never hurt me" Milo scoffed. "Plus she would never let anything happen to me"

Those were the last words our son said before he left.