The Ball

Not much had happened in the past few weeks. Hermione found herself in the company of Faye and Molly more often, Frigga as well. She had successfully avoided Nolan. In fact, she hadn't even seen him in the halls. Hermione didn't really think that was a bad thing, but if he had lost his job(or his life, as Faye had mentioned) because of Hermione, she felt bad.

She knew that she probably shouldn't feel that way, but she couldn't help it. it was in her nature.

Hermione was currently sitting in her room, reading a book she had gotten from the library in the castle. Odin had recommended it to her a few weeks ago and she couldn't deny that he was right when he told her that the book was far more fascinating than it seemed. It was called Midgardian Clockwork. It sounded like it was about clocks and watches, but it was really about how time worked on Midgard compared to other realms. Hermione had fallen in love with it so easily.

Despite how calm everything had been lately, Hermione was nervous. The ball was in a few days and Hermione still hadn't seen the dress that the tailor had made for her. The last few days had consisted of lessons on how to dance, which Hermione desperately needed as it had been so long since the last time she went to a ball. Hermione had done decent enough during the first lesson, though there were still many things she had to work on. Luckily, she had the chance to improve during the other lessons. The teacher had said that Hermione made quite the improvement since the first lesson, which Hermione was happy about. The lessons had ended only a few days ago.

Adding to how peaceful things had been, Loki hadn't been conversing with Hermione through her head at all. Hermione was happy about that, a lot more than she had expected. She had discovered just how much she hated having conversations through her head. Nobody was allowed to know how she discovered this.

Hermione closed her book, making sure to put back the bookmark so that she didn't lose her place. Sighing, she put her book on the table beside her bed and stood up. She grabbed her robe and walked into the bathroom before turning on the water to the bath. Hermione checked the temperature, making sure that it wasn't too hot or too cold. She let it fill up and took her clothes off before turning off the water and stepping into the tub. The water easily relaxed her muscles, which were slightly sore from the many dance lessons she had had. Hermione closed her eyes and let the water soak into her pores before washing her body and her hair.

After awhile, she just laid there with her eyes closed. It was extremely relaxing.

Everything was peaceful until she heard the bathroom door open and footsteps come towards her. She didn't bother turning around as she was too relaxed. She screamed as she was grabbed and pushed completely under the water. Hermione screamed and fought as she tried to get out of the water. She couldn't see the person, but whoever it was was trying to drown her. She finally managed to open her eyes and could see that it was Nolan. Hermione proceeded to fight back and scream, but it was no use.

Hermione gasped for air as she came up from under the water. A look of terror was on her face as she looked around. She was completely alone. It had been a dream. Hermione was shaking furiously as she stepped out of the tub, tying the towel tightly around her body. She quickly let the water out and sat down on the floor by the tub, gripping the side of it while her body continued to shake. She wasn't sure for how long she had been in there, but it must have been awhile as Faye had come in with a worried look on her face. Molly soon came in and also comforted Hermione, who hadn't stopped shaking yet.

Hermione didn't tell them why she was shaking, simply saying she had had a bad dream. The two didn't question her, deciding it was best that they leave her alone about it. After awhile, Hermione dressed herself in a lilac colored dress that went just past her knees. She decided to straighten her hair as well. Her makeup was very simple, a white eyeshadow, a light pink blush, a bit of eyeliner, mascara, and some light pink lipgloss.