A State of Healing

A few days had passed since Frigga's funeral. Things had calmed down after the funeral, and the workers were back to their usual routines. Hermione had noticed that despite how calm things were, everyone was still in a mood, which wasn't that surprising. It wasn't easy getting over someone like Frigga. The queen had always been so kind and generous. She was never cruel to anyone. Plus, she had saved Hermione from Nolan and had talked to her about whether or not he was a problem. With Frigga no longer around, who would protect her from Nolan's advances? If he ever tried anything again, that is. Of course, Loki would probably do something, but she worried that Loki would do something horrible to him. Frigga would have been calm about it, whereas Loki would probably kill Nolan the next time he came near Hermione.

Hermione could tell that Odin wasn't letting go of Frigga's death. He was determined to figure out who let the Dark Elves into the castle on Christmas Eve night. Hermione knew that once Odin discovered the identity of the traitor(assuming the person who let them in was from Asgard), they would pay for what they had done.

Hermione was curious about who had let the elves in as well, but she also dreaded finding out. She didn't know whether or not to feel bad for the person if they were caught. Yeah, they had committed a crime, but they would possibly lose their life because of it. Whoever had done it was in a lot of trouble. Hermione could only imagine what would happen to the person when they were caught.

Hermione had needed a way of relaxing after the funeral. She found herself losing focus quite often and just needed a way to calm herself down. In the past, Hermione had taken to yoga. It had helped her a lot, but she stopped after awhile. She had always found herself too busy to get back into it, but with things calming down after everything that happened, Hermione found herself picking back up where she left off. She had conjured a yoga mat and was currently in tree position. Her feet were bare, which made it easier for her to not slip on the mat. Hermione's eyes were closed as she took a breath, focusing all her energy on not falling over.

It had been a really long time since she had done yoga, and she hadn't gotten any practice in, so it was hard for her to keep her balance. Nevertheless, she tried her hardest to stay up straight. She found that taking deep, steady breaths helped to keep her up right.

Hermione left her door open ajar, allowing the scent of the candle she had lit to creep into the hallway.

The scent of the candle had come into Loki's room from the hallway and he couldn't ignore it. He silently opened his door, following the scent to the room right next door. His door shut quietly behind him as he peeked into Hermione's room. He raised an eyebrow as he watched her, confused by what she was doing. He raised his fist, knocking on the door.

Hermione's eyes opened. "Yes?" She said. She could see that it was Loki through the crack in the door. Loki stepped into the room, eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What are you doing?" He asked as he crossed his arms over his chest. Hermione got back into position, her eyes closing once again. "Yoga," she replied before taking another deep breath. That didn't help Loki at all. "What is this 'yoga' you speak of?" Loki asked, his eyes fixed on her. Yoga was not something Loki had ever heard of or seen. Watching Hermione only confused him.

"It's something I do to relax. I'm in a state of healing. Yoga helps me to stay focused and calm down. Things have been crazy lately and I just need something to take my mind off of what all has happened," Hermione replied. She stopped posing and took a deep breath before stretching. Loki watched her. Hermione noticed and turned to look at him. "If you want, I can teach you. It might help to relieve your stress after everything that's happened."

Loki scoffed. "Stress. What stress?" Hermione looked at him knowingly. "Don't even act like you aren't. I can tell that you have a lot on your mind right now. Yoga might be able to help you. Give it a try?"