A Reason for Everything

Faye couldn't possibly have been responsible for the attack on Asgard. Hermione refused to believe that Faye had had anything to do with the attack. Then again, Faye's reaction told all. There was no denying that Faye had been part of the attack. Now, when it came to Nolan, that was a bit easier to believe. The guy had seemed nice when the two first met, but that had changed pretty quickly. Now, the two were in the dungeons of Asgard, in the same kind of cells that Loki had been in when Hermione had first arrived.

Hermione was pacing back and forth in her room. She had been doing so basically since she had stepped through the door. Loki was sat in her room, watching her. He sighed and leaned forward in his seat. "Hermione, darling. Please, stop pacing." He grabbed her hand gently, making her freeze and turn to him. Her whole body was tense. When their eyes met, she relaxed. Loki looked at her with sympathy.

"Sorry," she sighed, taking a seat next to him. "I just don't know what to think about this." Hermione's eyes were to the ground, sadness within them. Loki gently took her chin between his fingers and turned her face towards him.

"Hermione, look at me, please." Hermione obeyed, her brown eyes moving to gaze into his green pupils. "I know you are having a hard time processing this. I do not blame you for reacting in this way, but you must know that what they have done is their own fault. They did this, knowing what would happen if they were caught. They are criminals, and clearly, the girl you believed to be your friend, is not your friend." Hermione nodded, her eyes once again leaving his. Loki sighed and wrapped his arm around Hermione before gently pressing a kiss atop her head. "I do not like seeing you like this, darling. Please, tell me what I can do to make you feel better." Hermione just shook her head. She wasn't sure there was anything he COULD do to make her feel better.

"I just need time, Loki. I need time to think and process this new information."

Loki nodded his head in understanding, knowing that Hermione would be fine later on. "Alright, darling. Take as much time as you need. I'm here for you when you need me." Loki stood up and stopped in front of Hermione. He placed a finger under her chin and tilted her head up before gently pressing his lips to her forehead. "I will be in the next room if you need me." Loki walked out of the room, silently closing the door behind him, leaving Hermione alone in the room.

...

It was a little while later that Hermione decided to go down to the dungeons and talk to Faye. She needed to know why Faye had done what she had done. Hermione had trusted Faye and now, that had changed.

The guards were hesitant to let her pass, but Hermione managed to get into the dungeons to speak with her once friend.

Faye was sat alone in one of the many cells in the room. Nolan was a few cells down from Faye, probably Odin's idea to keep the two away from each other. Her back was turned to Hermione, yet she still sensed Hermione's presence. "The guards let you pass?" She asked, not turning around.

"They were hesitant, but yes," Hermione replied. She crossed her arms over her chest, biting her lip gently as she looked at the girl's back. "I want to know why, Faye. Why did you and Nolan let those creatures into Asgard?" Hermione wasn't hesitant with her questions. She knew that she wanted answers and that was exactly what she was going to get. "Faye, don't ignore me. Answer me," she said harshly after Faye hadn't spoken.

Faye sighed and stood up, turning to face the witch. "My name isn't Faye, Ms. Granger. And Nolan isn't actually Nolan."

Hermione furrowed her eyebrows. "Who are you really?" She asked, taking a step closer to the cell.

"My real name is Zeya. Nolan is actually Nikolai. Faye and Nolan are real people... well, they were. We killed the real Faye and Nolan and took their identities in order to get into the castle. We went through so much just to get here." Faye shook her head. "It wasn't supposed to be like this. We were never supposed to get caught."