07. DEAR ERIC

"Slice the spring onions diagonally and add to the top..."

Buzz. Buzz.

Eric shifts his position from the sofa and ignores the buzzing of his phone from the table. His eyebrows meet at the center of his forehead as he tries his hardest to focus on what he was watching. The woman on TV is now slicing spring onions while a pot bubbled right beside her on the stove. Thinking if he's done this dish before, Eric reaches out for the remote to adjust the volume of the television.

"To better hear what she's saying." Eric mutters to himself whilst pressing the volume button.

More like to block all other sound, Eric.

Eric sighs as he hears his mind talking back at him. Rolling his eyes, he goes back to trying to understand what the girl on TV was saying, she was now stirring the pot on the stove and explaining about different kinds of soups.

Buzz. Buzz.

Eric kicks the pillow lying on his feet, it flew up and he rises from where he was laying down to catch it. Lying back down on the sofa, he stuffs the pillow on his face.

Buzz. Buzz.

"Shut up." Eric says, his voice muffled by the pillow that he was holding on his face.

Buzz. Buzz.

"You stupid little--" Eric says sitting up suddenly from the sofa, about to throw the pillow towards the cellphone lying on the table beside him. His thoughts get cut off as the sound of somebody punching in the keys to the door lock sounded from the outside of his door. He looks up from where he was sitting, pillow in the air, as Hyemi comes in with a bag in hand.

She turns around and sees his position, she chuckles, "What's up with you?" she says as she removes her shoes and places it on the shoe rack near the door.

Eric lowers the pillow down on the sofa and shakes his head, "Nothing." He gives her a smile, "Why so early?"

Hyemi shrugs and walks towards him, placing the bag on the other sofa beside Eric, "We finished early today." She gives him a sheepish smile, "But, I'm going out again with the girls later." She gives Eric a grin, "Will that be okay with you?"

Eric nods his head, "That's not a problem. Go.' He says taking the remote from the sofa and switching the channel of the television.

Hyemi gives him a huge smile and then walks towards the fridge, "How about you? Aren't you going out tonight?" She says while taking a pitcher of water and pouring it on a glass.

Eric looks up and scrunches his eyebrows, "Where am I suppose to go?"

Hyemi chuckles, "Isn't today Hyesung's birthday?"

Eric groans internally. So much for avoiding his cellphone.

Shrugging, Eric lies back down on the sofa, "I guess. Not sure if he's having a celebration today though."

Hyemi takes her bag from the sofa, "He is." She says cheerfully. Eric looks up from the sofa, a surprise expression crossing his features, she smiles at him, "I met him downstairs while I was parking. He's on the way to his car and he told me I can come if I wanted to."

Eric stares at Hyemi, "What did you tell him?"

"I told him I couldn't as I was going out with the girls, but I wished him a Happy Birthday though." She says shaking her head and then smiling brightly, "You should come to his birthday, we both can't come." Hyemi says walking towards their room.

Eric shrugs and looks back at the television.

"Besides," Hyemi says standing by the hallway, "He's your bestfriend."