Chapter 4: Anne

"Fanny don't furget yor drink." Manny slurred. We were both drunk and laughing. Luckily I was thinking straight and told her to just walk instead of risking a drunk driving so we walked a little over 5 miles. Luckily in the city everything is a little closer to your house.

I laughed, not really sure why, "I'll see you later Man Manny Monster."

Manny stopped on Harry's driveway, stopped looking at me, laughed so hard I swear her eyes were about to pop out, "Se ya later marshmallow... Oh wait crocodile."

"Alligator!" I giggled

"Wai- wait yur drink!!?!" She held her hand out and dropped a bit. She dropped the cherry that I was saving since I got the drink.

"Now look what you've done!"

"Sorrey." Her face was serious but soon turned into a goofy smile. "Dats sum really good Pina Colada. Goodnight."

I waved goodbye and took a big gulp out of my drink- So good!

I opened Harry's front door and almost stumbled over, "Whoops." I giggle as some of my drink falls to the rug. I looked at the time 3:41 am. There was loud noise upstairs. I set my drink down on the table next to the couch and threw my purse down, hearing a breaking noise.

As I walked upstairs I heard screaming and more breaking.

"I DON'T CARE! YOU CAN'T DO THIS ANNE!"

I looked at the crack in the door and found Harry shouting to his right. I ran more faster.

"Harry please don't scream you'll wake up the neighbors!"

"GET OUT!"

I pushed the door, making it open all the way. I saw Harry's mom crying and Harry with his eyes red and swollen. Broken glass on the floor, bed sheets and curtains also on the floor.

Anne sniffled, "Stephanie.. What are you doing here.?" She pulled her shirt down

"SHE LIVES HERE ANNE! WHAT DO YOU EXPECT HER TO SLEEP IN THE DOGHOUSE?"

"What is going on..?"

Anne cried some more, "Please Harry stop screaming."

"NO-!"

Anne rose her hand, about to slap Harry's cheek but I stood in front of her faster and caught her hand.

"Mrs. Anne I think it would be safer if you kindly leave. I'm not trying to be rude, it's just we wont solve anything with you here." My eyes widened. She must have been really angry for wanting to hit him.

Anne opened her mouth, startled, "..Harry.."

Harry was about to speak but I interrupted, "We will speak of this tomorrow morning.. Don't worry I'll be fine"

She grabbed her bag and ran out the door. Actually ran.

I turned back and face Harry, I cupped my hands around his cheek line. A single tear fell from his eye.

"I am a disappointment. A fucking loser." His mouth twitched.

Those words hurts me, "Don't you ever talk about yourself like that- ok?"

He looked away but I turned his head back, "You are not a disappointment or a loser! Ok? You're amazing and so successful."

"I don't need your pity, Steph. We all know I'm just a piece of shit."

"Harry. What happened? What's wrong?"

He sat on the bed, his head faced to the floor, "Everything is wrong Steph."

I rubbed my eyes, "Here, I'll go get you some water."

I ran downstairs and sat on the couch. How was I supposed to cheer him up? I'm drunk, I can barley take care of myself.

I laid down on the couch and rested my eyes. Soon though, I fell in a deep sleep.

-

I awoke up harshly, "I need to get Harry his water!" I sat up quickly and looked around, it was daylight and a little Harry was laying on the floor.

I looked at my phone and there was a text message from an unknown number.

Meet me in Cafe 4 at 8:30. 

xx. Anne