chapter one

The sun shines upon my body. I could hear the sound of the wave slaming the sea shore as if they are wrestling. Ahh! This is my favourite time of the year, summer. Finally a break from those bitches at school who just can't stop hating on me. They keep on calling me (for fuck's sake) a witch.

Well we don't prefer the term "witch". It sounds so ......... vile. We prefer the term spellcaster. I admit I have powers but not like the marvel characters. It's like telekinesis, telepathy, and things like that.

Our family, the Outerwood, is known as the "evil wizards" in this small town since our ancestors' years. Our family used to get along with the citizens until one tragedy (but no one wants to tell me anything about it). After it happened, our family is considered as, well, the evil wizards.

But that was long before I was born. Now, the fact that we are spellcasters is just a controversy because none of them (at least in this generation) can actually prove that we are different from what they are.

"Emma, can you come here please? I need your help." Ugh Veronica.

"Yeah, I'm coming!" Sigh.

As I'm walking back to the house, I see a mysterious-looking woman near our house. She wears a black medieval robe with the hood on her head. I can't really see her face because of the hood but I know she is looking at me, aiming me, I can feel it. She got that sense that lures me to her.

"Emma!" I turn around only to find Veronica standing right behind me. "Holy fuck! You scared me, Ver." I say. "What were you doing? I called you many times and none of them you replied." But I only heard her calling me once?

"Oh, I was going to greet that lady over there." But when I turn my head around, the woman is already gone. "What lady?" Veronica asks me with a perplexed look. "But she was right there." What the? Where the fuck did she go?

I look around hoping to see her figure but she is nowhere to be found. "Oh nevermind. So what do you want me to help you with?" I turn around one last time just to make sure that that woman is really not there anymore. was she really there or uh nevermind.

"Help me with my hair. I have a date tonight with Doug. I have to look per-fect." Says Veronica while pulling me to the house. We walk to Veronica's room while she talks about how charming and attractive her new boyfriend, Doug is (I'm not even interested, trust me) but I can't focus on her because I'm distracted by the thought of the woman's disappearance.

Was she just an illusion?