Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Ang dami mong magandang damit pero lagi kang nagcocomplain na wala ka masuot. Hay, if I had your closet, there wouldn't be a day I'd need to repeat the same outfit." Kaira says as she continues rummaging through my closet. She picks out a metallic top and lays it on her body observing it.

I roll my eyes at her and carry on with finishing my makeup.

"Just hurry up and pick something already, late na tayo baka di na tayo papasukin." I say as I apply on more mascara.

Mascara is my favorite thing to put on, mostly because I've been blessed with long and thick eyelashes.

"pwede ko hiramin ung pink lipstick mo? Bagay kasi sya sa top na to eh, I'm going to look so hot in this." She says showcasing the silver top to me.

"sure. Hanapin mo diyan sa drawer ko. I think it's somewhere there." I say pointing at my bed side.

She groans and starts poking around my drawers.

I take a long stare into my reflection, admiring how perfect my hair and makeup look. I've always been fascinated with makeup, even when I was a child. I loved watching my mother put on her makeup step by step. It was as if she was crafting art on her face, designing her eyes with color and painting her lips rose red.

A lot of people keep telling me I don't need to wear makeup because of my baby face. Not to brag, but it's true. My skin is clear of zits and acne, which is all the more reason why I love decorating my face with makeup.

"ummm, Gwen? What the hell is this?" Kaira says from behind me. I turn around and see her holding up a pregnancy stick.

I quickly pace over to her and grab the stick from her hand.

"Nothing." I say, throwing the thing in the trash and sitting myself back on the stool.

"Gwen what the hell? Why do you have a pregnancy test in your drawer?!" she demands.

"will you keep your voice down! My sister is in the other room!" I whisper shout, annoyed at her nosiness. Yeah okay, maybe I should've told her but I didn't want to.

She tilts her head at me waiting for my explanation.

I sigh and turn back to the mirror.

"it was just a pregnancy scare." I shrug while patting my face with a little powder.

"just a pregnancy scare? Since when did you even start having sex?!" she exclaims, trying to control the volume of her voice.

"will you shut up already? It came back negative so stop flipping your shit. And it was over a month ago so will you calm down? God you're annoying." I mutter.

She stares at me in bewilderment. Then she huffs at me in equal annoyance. "whatever."

Kaira can be great company most of the time, but there are times when she makes me want to claw her eyes out and strangle her to death. Maybe I'm overreacting, but I was never good with patience anyway.

After a few minutes of tense silence and pretending she doesn't exist, she speaks up.

"Was he at least hot?" she asks.

I smile and turn around to look at her.

"Very."

Hours later...

The loud music is making the entire place thump to the beat. I observe the pink liquid in my glass as it vibrates in sync with the music.

Tonight was the grand opening for this new club. Lots of hot guys and even some celebrities were here. We got in by a favor from Kaira's dad who designed the entire place. He's an architect, and a pretty cool guy. He lets Kaira do whatever she wants to because he's always been an absent father and that's his way of making it up to her.