003

Alexander

He was a monster, hiding away behind mundane eyes

"Mom" I called out from upstairs, when I didn't hear a reply I went to the kitchen, her back was facing me as she prepared meat loaf for tonight's dinner.
She twirled around with a smile on her face, it vanished as soon as her eyes fell on the duffle bag in my hand,
"What's that ?" her eyes widened in worry, "I'm going to stay at Noah's for a couple of days" I assured her;
It didn't do much good because she started shaking her head frantically her eyes tearing up her smile long gone "No, you can't keep doing this" I winced, "you can't disappear each time he visits"

I took a couple of steps till I reached her, I took her into my arms she wrapped her own around me tightly still sobbing, "You have to frogive him at some point Alex" we stayed in each others embrace till I felt her breathe return to normal and her shoulders relax slightly.

Remembering when the roles were reversed and I was the one holding on to her seeking comfort as a child, I kissed her forehead before whispering "I'm sorry".

I placed the duffel bag into the backseat and drove to school, a new member standing near the bleachers caught my attention Beatrice was leaning into Mason giggling,
Mason's forehead creased when his eyes took in my appearance he mouthed "What's wrong" I waved him off mouthing "later".

He dropped it but his girlfriend wasn't as smart, "What happened to you" her free hand grazing my arm, "you were fine yesterday" she was speaking to me with such familiarity I wanted to point out that we weren't friends, but for the sake of Mason I forced my mouth shut and simply shrugged coldly removing her hand, my eyes searching for either Haze or Noah, Anyone would be less irritating than the girl infront of me.

I spotted Noah waving at someone behind him before heading over towards the field, revealing that the person is Diane, who was now walking back to her car, She was about to open the door but it was forced shut by Haze's muscular hand, her eyes widened looking back and forth between his arm and face.

I didn't really bother with Haze's flings or his tactics, I was walking towards Noah but the look of panic of her face forced me to make my way towards them instead, It was like an unknown force right then and there was pushing me to make my way through the crowd.

_________________________