xvi.

i am in love with his smile

---

"I don't even know how to drive." Brendon tells Ryan and Ryan puts his head in his hand as he sits in the passenger seat.

"That's why we're sitting here right now," Ryan said, annoyed beyond belief right now. "I'm trying to teach you."

"Yeah, and what if I crash into something! Then what? I can't pay to get your car fixed if I fuck it up."

Ryan stares at Brendon, his mouth in a thin line and his eyes are lowering at him.

"We're in the middle of no where. In the parking lot of some old grocery store. No one comes here. Do you see anyone? Cause I don't." Ryan looks at there surroundings and Brendon rolls his eyes. "Bren, you'll be fine. You have your permit now so if anything happens to the car, my insurance will cover it. Stop freaking out and just drive."

Brendon sighs and does what Ryan told him to do when they switched seats ten minutes ago.

He puts his foot on the brake pedal and then shifts the gear into drive. He slowly let's his foot lift from the brake pedal and the car starts moving.

"Oh shit." He says, scared to death because he is currently driving a car for the first time going precisely three, maybe four miles an hour.

"You're doing good," Ryan says, proud of Brendon. "now slowly press on the gas pedal."

Brendon does and the car starts moving faster. 

"The parking lot ends up here, what the fuck am I supposed to do?"

"Um, turn the wheel? What else?" Ryan tries not to laugh and Brendon jerks at the wheel. "Not so fast. You have to do it slow. When you're approaching to turn, you gotta press on the brake and turn. But don't stop completely, just enough to safely turn."

"This is stupid." Brendon groans.

"Do you wanna learn how to drive or not? You can't walk everywhere for the rest of your life." Ryan sighs and shakes his head.

"Sure I can. People do it all the time. And if I need a ride somewhere, I got you." Brendon gives Ryan a playful smirk and Ryan glares, feeling the corners of his mouth turning up.

"Well you're learning to drive and you're getting your license and you can be your own taxi driver."

For the next half an hour, Brendon catches on pretty quickly after he stops throwing his tantrum, and Ryan stops him in front of the car as they're switching seats to go home.

"You sure you don't wanna drive home?" Ryan asks him, stepping into his face and cupping Brendon's cheeks, pressing their foreheads together.

"I'm sure. I don't wanna kill us." Brendon smirks, and Ryan leans in to peck Brendon's lips. "Okay, let's go. I'm freezing." Brendon says, pushing past Ryan and getting into the passenger seat.