~Chapter 3~

(Y/n)'s POV 

After dancing rehearsals everyone left, everyone except me. I wanted to go over my song a few times to make sure I'm well prepared for my performance. I sit down at a near by piano and begin playing.I chose the song Cut by Plumb because I really connect with it. I was in a depression a few years ago. It all started when my best friend started being mean to me for no reason. Turns out she was jealous because I was really good friends with a guy she liked, and she convinced herself that we were more than friends. She started spreading horrible rumours about me and I won't go into too much detail about what they were..but they were awful. 

The guy she had a crush on heard these rumours and also turned on me. Pretty much the whole school did, and that was only the beginning. I sigh and start playing. 

"I'm not a stranger,
no I am yours.
With crippled anger
And tears that still drip sore.

A fragile flame aged,
With misery 
And when our eyes meet, 
I know you see.

I do not wanna be afraid, 
I do not wanna die instead just to breathe in 
I'm tired of feeling so numb.
relief exists I find it when,
I am cut. 

I may seem crazy,
Or painfully shy. 

But these scars wouldn't be so hidden 

If you would just look me in the eye.
I feel alone here and cold here.
Though I don't wanna die.
But the only anaesthetic, that makes me feel anything kills inside.

I do not wanna be afraid,
I do not wanna die instead just to breathe in
I'm tired of feeling so numb.
relief exists I find it when,
I am cut.

I am not alone
I am not alone 

I'm not a stranger
No, I am yours
With crippled anger
And tears that still drip sore

But I do not want
I do not want to die inside just to breathe in
I'm tired of feeling so numb
Relief exists I found it when
I was cut" 

I finish off with a little trill on the piano and smile in satisfaction. Suddenly I hear someone clapping and I turn around to see Louis with a grin on his face. 

"That was amazing! You're really great, love" he complements me causing me to blush and grin sheepishly. 

"Th-thanks, can you play?" I ask curiously standing up and gathering my sheets of music. 

He shrugs. "A bit, but not as good as you" he walks closer to me. 

I smile and giggle slightly. "Thanks, I've been taking lessons since I was seven, I've always loved the piano" 

Louis nods. "It's a beautiful instrument, and a beautiful instrument obviously needs to be played by a beautiful girl" he gestured to me. 

I blush madly and giggle. "Aren't you quite the charmer" 

He chuckled and shrugged. "Can't help it. Anyway me and a couple of friends are heading out to dinner, would you like to join us?" he asks hopefully. 

I smile and nod. "I would love to"