three ✖ assuming you like someone of the opposite sex

today in gsa we were discussing stranger things characters, and i said my favourite character is mike which is true.

the instructor looked at me and said to the entire group "you know what? she fancies him," and it took all the strength and willpower in my body not to slap him as hard as i possibly could.

number one, that's assuming i'm straight. and we all know what assuming does, don't we, mr instructor? it makes an ass out of u and me.

number two, that's assuming because i am female presenting that i automatically like mike and that's the only reason i like mike as a character.

not because he's a good character, friend and person, dear me, no. it's because i'm head over heels in love with him. or that's what instructor thinks.

it's fucking 2017. can people stop jumping to the conclusion that if you have a friend/like a character/celebrity of the opposite sex, you have a crush on them?

there are so many things wrong with that. firstly, there are gay people in the world. secondly, there are asexual people in the world. thirdly, STOP.

it's worse for girls being friends with boys. people are more willing to accept a guy with a girl as a platonic friend rather than a girl with a guy as a platonic friend.

because all girls do is think about boys apparently.

i actually find boys easier to talk to than girls, but people assume i like them or they like me.

because a boy and girl can't be just friends, can they? they have to be in love. god, it annoys me so much. people need to stop it.

i want to have my platonic male friends in peace, but people don't let me.

i t  i s  s o  a n n o y i n g