Screw Morals

Something that comes up a lot in human history, and still in the modern day, is morals. Morals, or ethics, are usual described as good and bad.
Let's use fiction as an example. A knight in shining armor would represent the good, while a dragon would be the bad. This type of storytelling can be boiled down to good VS. evil and will almost always have a happy ending, i.e, the dragon being slain by the knight.
But let's say the dragon wasn't doing anything. He was just resting in a cave, miles away from the nearest town or farm, and the knight just walks in and kills it. Seems a bit unfair.
Let's say the knight is an egotistical maniac who only cares about social standing? Perhaps he helped a few people with no interest of being rewarded. Perhaps he was just a royal bastard who was spoiled as a child.
With certain factors like these coming to play, the lines between good and evil are smeared like paint on a canvas.
The phrase "history is written by the winners" comes to light. Going back to the previous example, the knight kills the dragon. He then goes to the nearest king or noble to collect a reward, let's say money. The knight would spin a tale of how he was in so much danger or how he only survived with god's help. Anyone writing his words down may go with the dragon being an embodiment of all evil, when in reality, it was just minding it's own business.
The point of this example is to say how morals mean nothing when you look at both sides and compare. Don't rely solely on what is presented to you, try to figure out the parts you're not seeing. Try to fill in the blanks. Ask questions.