chapter 1

Tobias POV

I woke up from the simulation with Tori smiling at me. "What was my result?" I asked. "Your result was abnegation, congratulations." I walk out the door and begin to walk home. I wanted any result but abnegation. I don't want to be here where my father can torment me more. If I do it will result in. I walk up to the front door hesitating, I really don't want to go in there but I have to or ill be punished. I walk through the door and slide off my shoes in the hallway. When I get into the family room Marcus is in there working on some paperwork. "Sit" he says in a menacing voice. "What was your result?" "Abnegation" I don't hesitate to tell him, If I didn't I would just get it beat out of me. "Then that's what you shall choose, do you hear me, boy?" "Yes". I say with my head down cowering in fear

***

When I awake the next morning, and take a cold shower to numb my scarred back. When I get out I dress myself in the dull baggy abnegation clothes and head down the stairs. I turn into the kitchen and see Marcus ready and waiting for me. "You know what to choose" he says while giving me an intimidating stare, glaring at me with his cold blue eyes, "don't embarrass me, you know the consequences". We walk out of the house, down the dusty gravel driveway to the buses, standing in the isles to let others have the seats, like a proper abnegation men. That's a joke, no proper abnegation man beats there only child.

***

I go to sit with the other 16 year olds of my faction. The dauntless are hosting the choosing ceremony this year the theme being black and scary, a man that looks to be about 35 starts his speech "My name is Max, im one of the five leaders of dauntless we are gathard here to see how honest, brave, peaceful, intelligent, and selfless they are, we congradulate them on making it this far. We will start choosing now. Max starts calling names one by one, I still don't know what faction to choose all I know is that it won't be abnegation. I almost don't hear them call my name. "Tobias Eaton". This is it; I thought, this is the day I escape. I walk up to the table and cut my palm. What do I choose? I know I can't be amity I'm defiantly not happy and I can't be erudite or candor I'm not that smart and I don't want everyone to know my secrets.

There only one choice left I can do it. I drop my blood over the sizzling coals; there is silence and shocked faces everywhere.

authors note: tell me what you think and if there's error's I try my best to edit thanks! :)