chapter 7

Hey so now I'm doing shout outs  in my story's so fallow vote and comment if you would like one! Thank you Fangirl201313 and dauntless_life for supporting me please go fallow them.

When I show up at the tracks I see Amar and Max waiting with impatient and annoyed looks on their faces. I look down and see a pile of black guns, but they are longer and a little wider than the hand guns we use, to the left I see boxes on the ground that says PAINTBALLS in big boxy letters.

Lauren comes and stands by me while we wait for further instructions. “Hey, why didn’t you tell me about you tattoo and how the hell did you get a six pack from being here not even a week?” She asks staring at me amazed. “I used to secretly work out in abnegation; I just wanted to be stronger.” I whisper back even though I know everyone is listening in on our conversation. “Oh.” She says looking me in the eyes with her wide dark brown ones. “Why?” She persists again. “I wanted to feel strong.” I say staring straight ahead showing her that this conversation is done. I couldn’t tell her the real reason, That I wanted to stand up to my father but every time I looked into his eye, the ones identical to mine, I turned into that scared cowardly little nine year old boy I was when my mother died.

Thankfully Max starts speaking breaking me from my depressing thoughts. “Everybody grab a gun, ammo, and listen up.” He shouts while we all scatter over the guns and ammo. “We will be playing capture the flag, my team against Amar’s; we will hop on the train and pick teams. Got it?”

We all nod yes while the train starts rumbling down the tracks. When it gets close enough I sprint of a clutch the handle of the cart and swing myself in with ease not stumbling or almost plummeting to my death this time. I help a few of the other initiates on, my abnegation starting to come out. When we are all finally on Amar and max start picking teams.

“Let’s split up the transfers first.” Amar suggests to Max. “Sure, You first.” “Four” Amar calls me out. I walk over behind him, sit and watch him pick the rest of us.  Zeke, Lauren, And Shauna end up on my team, which I was pretty happy about, With Zeke here at least it will be entertaining.

We all jump of the train and decide to go to the carousel. When we get there Amar says "Come up with a plan we got ten minutes till they pick a spot, be quick." He says sizing us all up trying to analyze our strengths and weaknesses.

Everyone argues while I sit back trying to form a plan of my own, Amar comes and stands next to me and asks "Are you going to help them or be a lazy ass." He say thinking I'm slacking off. "I got a plan, I doubt anyone is letting anyone speak their mind over there, so I decided to wait until they all resent each other enough to shut the hell up." I say and he lets out a small laugh. "Well I think that's already happened."

He say pointing to our team with their arms crossed glaring at each other. I laugh and walk over to them and say. "So sense you are being quite I'm going to speak, They're over by the forest I can see there lights from here, so five of us will attack from the front and five of us from the back, lets split up." No one argues and we begin are plan, Shauna, Zeke, Lauren, Me, and Amar are the five that attack from the back.

Paintballs are flying everywhere, hitting people left and right, They have the flag in a tree, I yell for Zeke to cover me and I start climbing up, I reach the top and jump down, Are whole team comes over to celebrate. I smile a real genuine proud smile in the first time in forever.

I feel Amar put a hand on my shoulder and say "Good job kid, you'll do good here."