Pressing play

"Ava, Kas we out here mannn" Elijah's voice echoed through the speakers 

"We made it ya" Kasiee said coming into view.

"The world better get ready for us", Elijah said hugging us, not being able to control his happiness.

"Cause we taking over", I began singing into the screen as I thought of my favorite Dj Khaled songs. We had just graduated and we were beyond happy, the graduation caps were basically falling off our heads as we jumped for joy. "What ya got to say to the people" he said focusing the camera towards Kasiee and I

"Thank you to all my haters" I said bowing

"Mrs.Yang you can kiss my butt" kas said referring to her math teacher who gave her hell all year round. The camera drops directing towards the floor, "Damn Kas you got some long ass toes" Eli said laughing as her bright nail polished toes appear on the screen. Kasiee hits the camera then you see her mugging Eli.

"Yah better cut that out"

"My bad Ms.Tee but do you see them things she has 'tingers' toe fingers" he replied sounding serious 

"Boy you ain't right. Leave that girl and her tinger's alone" she told him with amusement laced in her voice.

We all busted out laughing after a pause and Eli managed to get a shot of all of us laughing.

"Wow I miss that laugh" I heard my mother, say aloud as she grabbed some tissue.

"Well ya before I cut this video off I just wanna say I love all y'all and it's time for us to make new memories. Thank you Ms.Tee for being there for us." he said pointing the camera in her direction. She came into view carrying baby AJ. "Always" she told him.

"High five Aj" baby Aj holds out his small hand, yanking it back at the last minute saying 'sike' in a baby voice.

"Wow it's like that lil man" he said as Aj smiled.

'We were all he had, did we let him down? Granted he had his mom but she was barely around. She had to work 3 jobs to support him and his older brother who was constantly in and out of jail' I thought to myself.

"Lets all get in" he said as we all positioned ourself in front of the camera making sure everyone was in.

"One. Two. Three"

We were all smiling except for Elijah who was making a funny face. The screen went dark and the replay button appeared.

My mother walked away, grabbing the empty bowl that once held the popcorn,  empty bottles of Arizona and tub of ice cream before she left. She came back kissing our foreheads saying goodnight.

"See ya tomorrow" Kas said getting up right along with Aj exiting my room .

"Call me when you get in" I yelled after her.

"Will do"

I Was now alone.

'I love ya all' Elijah's voice echoed in my head, warming and breaking my heart all at once.

"I love you too" I whispered hugging the pillow tightly and drifting off to sleep.

~

"I'm off to pick up the car so I'll see ya when school lets out" my mother told us before leaving.

"Aj you done kid ?" I called out while I packed my lunch as well as his.

"Yeah" he said coming out the bathroom wearing a black hoodie and dark wash jeans .