The Crystal Ship

"Thanks for dinner. I'll miss you." You said to Jess' mom. She was like a parent to you, and you hoped she didn't get hurt.

"Are you sure you don't need anything else?" She asked.

"No, I think I'll be fine." You smiled halfheartedly, and pulled her into a hug. You almost started to cry.

"You two be safe out there, okay?"

"Of course."

You and Jess would be walking to Baker St., and she'd leave you at the end. You would than walk the rest of the way to the famed residence of Sherlock Holmes.

You zipped up your jacket, and walked out the door. There was a light drizzle going, so you flipped your hood up as well. A few seconds later, Jess came out as well.

"Are you sure about this?"

"Of course I'm sure. You know what's been happening."

"I know."

You walked in silence, occasionally breaking into a light jog. Eventually, you made it to Baker Street.

"Well, I guess this is where I leave you." Jess said, and frowned. She brought you into a tight embrace, and softly whispered,
"I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too, Jess."

She turned away, and began the walk back to her house. Not wanting to take any chances, you all out sprinted to the flat and pounded on the door. After a few nerve wracking minutes, it slowly creaked open to reveal a kindly old woman.

"Oh! Hello dear. Why are you here so late at night?"

"I need to see Mr. Holmes." You panted out, still tired from the sprint. She looked past you, nodded, and held open the door.
"So, why are you here to see him?"

"I'm sorry, but I just need to talk to him, Miss." You really did not want to say why you were there. It made you uncomfortable.

"Oh, okay. You can call me Ms. Hudson by the way. Come right up here." She led you up a flight of old stairs, and held open the door to a room.

"Boys! Someone's here to see you!" You heard some commotion, and a deep voice said nonchalantly, "Well, show them in."

Ms. Hudson ushered you into the room, and shut the door. You fidgeted nervously in the entryway, and finally brought yourself to walk in.

You were greeted by two men. One of them, the shorter, was sitting in an armchair. The other was lying across the sofa.
"Hello, um, which one of you is uh- Sherlock Holmes?" You asked nervously. What if they couldn't help you? You would have to go home, and you most certainly didn't want to do that.

"What happened to your shoulder?" Said the man on the sofa. He didn't seem very interested. The other man just smiled.

"Excuse me?"

"Your shoulder. You can see the bulging of the bandages against the jacket. Anyone could notice."

"Well, uh-" You stuttered. You weren't really expecting this.

"Well, uh- what?" The man seemed irritated now. You took a step back.

"Sorry, um sir- my father um..."

"Interesting. Why?"

"I'm not sure, sir. I don't know." You were scared. The man reminded you of your father.

He stood up, and faced you. "So you ran away?"

"Yes."

"Why?" Because you thought he would escalate?"

"Yes."

"You were wondering which of us was Sherlock Holmes. That would be me."

"Okay, sir." You were scared. Sherlock seemed threatening, and unlikely to help you.

"You don't have to call me that. Just call me Sherlock."

"Okay, si- Sherlock." Sherlock backed away, and pointed to an empty chair. You assumed he meant to sit down, so you did that.

"John?"

"Yes, Sherlock?"

"Could you get her some tea?"

"Why can't you?." John grumbled under his breath, going off to get you some tea.

Sherlock turned at you, and began to stare. You shifted under his gaze.

"You remind me of an old... friend of mine." He looked puzzled. "What's your name?" He asked.

"(y/n). (y/n) Moriarty."

Sherlock backed away a bit. He seemed wary. "So, eh, (y/n), what is your father's name?"

"Jim."