Chapter Twenty-One

The team of four took their time in observing the damage that had been done, coaxing many of the aching recruits up from the floor as they regained consciousness. The Survival students were rushing people back to the facility who needed immediate medical attention, while a few of the newer students stayed at the Second Sanction before taking waves of recruits back.

Those who were stronger worked with the Flight Training students, those of which landed on the ground and took captive Veterans into their hands. They were then sent back towards the direction of the facility, making use of a closed-off jailhouse that had documents hidden deep within the archives. Elizabeth led the effort, transporting groups of Veterans into their cells as she locked them up.

Gabriel was one of the last men to be thrown in, his forehead dripping blood as he took his place in the back corner of his own cell. He was moaning loudly, tearing at the ropes around his wrists in hopes that they would fray. He was unable to stay silent, howling as his voice carried throughout the jailhouse. He was muttering nonsense, threatening to one day come back to tear down The Black Candle Organization. Elizabeth shook her head, continuing her job as the other prisoners filed in.

The men were glaring angrily at her, their hands tied in makeshift handcuffs as their comrades joined them on the floor. Elizabeth slammed the door shut, locking them in as she kept a secretive smirk to herself.

"This is what you get for messing with us," she chuckled to herself, swinging the keys by her side. She left the men to howl with rage as she slammed the door of the jailhouse closed.

The team waited until the Second Sanction was completely empty, the four boys standing in the middle of the courtyard as they waited for Elizabeth to come back and pick them up.

"As soon as we recover, we need to send the air raid back," Dorian muttered. He looked up at his friends, his hands shoved deep into the pockets of his uniform. "We need to learn more about the Second Sanction. Many of the Veterans still escaped. They may come back and try to overthrow us."

"I will not let that happen," Lev growled, looking behind him towards the Second Sanction facility.

"We all need to go," Titus piped up, his voice still hoarse. "I will not stop learning about the Second Sanction. If Akilina dies, I swear-"

"She will not die," Rae interjected softly. "Her classmates are looking after her now. She's going to be just fine."

"I do agree with you, though," Dorian added. "The Black Candle Organization is going to be in shambles for some time. We need to keep things moving." He looked at the three boys. "At least, I am willing to keep things moving."

"I will work with you," Lev nodded. Rae added his form of agreement, Titus joining in as well.

"I will do whatever it takes to subside the Veteran threat, no matter how long it takes," Titus growled, his fists clenched at his sides. "If you come for my friends and my organization, that's personal. They're going down."

The boys quickly piled into the aircraft the moment Elizabeth landed, refusing to say much as they rushed towards the facility. There was no time to waste, the boys muttering their plans under their breath as the dull and meek placed appeared on the horizon.

"There you go, boys," Elizabeth shouted through the headset, turning to look back towards them. "Our pilots should be back in the loading dock, Dorian. If you need them, feel free to give them any commands." He nodded, thanking her as he leaped out of the plane and turned to look out upon the courtyard. The other boys joined him, shocked by what they saw.