With Sincerity, Margareth

Dear Cupid,

So there’s this guy. He’s sweet and charming and everything I wanted Prince Charming to be. He’s kind and caring. He takes care of me and all that stuff. As I said, he’s the result of my Prince Charming dreams.

And you know what? He turns out to be my childhood bestfriend!

I think of that as a plus, since there will be no awkward situations between us.

He’s aware of my fairytales. He’s aware of my happily-ever-after dreams.

He will not think of me as this childish lady that turns out to be a hopeless lover.

We haven’t been able to talk for ages now but one day, I saw a man that looks like him. I even think that’s him!

From that day forward, my fairytale dreams started for the second time again, after so long.

Was that a sign? From you?

I mean, you’re from the love department after all. And I always believed that you do such stuff. You’re like the guardian angel of love. When people are meant to for each other, you do something for them to be together, right?

Well I believe you do that. You see, as a person in her early-twenties, people judge me, probably with all their might.

They don’t believe in Cupid or Poseidon or Zeus or Athena or Atlas. Worse, some of them don’t believe in angels.

I believe that you guys exist, okay. I believe that there are archangels or seraphims.

But sometimes, they make it hard for me to believe.

Sometimes, I think, it’s a stupid idea, believing you know? Sometimes, I think they were able to brainwash me that you can only believe what you can observe. That’s why they have this “Get back to your senses” thing going on.

And sometimes, I think they won. Sometimes, I would want to forget this entire “childish” thing that they call “believing”.

But sometimes, I think believing is something passionate and innocent. It makes you feel there is hope.

You notice how much confusion I’m in right now? Sometimes this, sometimes that.

I don’t even know how I got the letter in this part.

All I wanted to say is that I believe in you and I think I’m in love with him.

I believe that you can do something.

If it’s a sign, tell me what it means.

With sincerity,

Margareth