Chapter 12: Wandlore and Goats Galore

"Hermione, what the hell are you wearing?" Harry asked, a look of shock upon his face. He had been waiting for Hermione to come down from her dorm for half an hour now. He almost wished she hadn't. "Are you wearing make up?" He asked accusingly.

"No!" She lied and blushed.

"You are." He teased. "However, you still didn't answer my earlier question, what the hell are you wearing?" He repeated, scrunching up his nose in disapproval.

"I'm wearing a feminine top." Hermione insisted.

"Hermione. It's a t-shirt that has S.P.E.W, and 'House Elf Equality' written on it." Harry pointed out blankly.

"It's a feminine top, that just so happens to have the name of my organization written on it." She shrugged nonchalantly.

"I know you were threatening to have one made, but who the hell would find your demands so irresistible..." Harry trailed off, and sighed. "Sev." He said blankly, realization hitting him like a ton of bricks.

"What about him?" Hermione asked, glad everybody else was either still asleep, or had gone down to breakfast.

"Did he get you that?" Harry pressed.

"Might have done." She whistled innocently.

"You did the look on him." Harry sighed knowingly.

"I don't have a 'look'." She huffed, even though she knew she did, and used it regularly.

"Look, I'm your best friend, and I refuse to go down to breakfast with you wearing that." He said firmly.

"Tough." She retorted stubbornly, and so began the staring contest.

Harry looked deeply into her chocolate brown eyes, and he could see for himself, there was no way she was going to give in.

Hermione stared deeply into Harry's emerald green eyes, and she could see the exasperation and wavering attitude swimming there. She was about to win...

"Fine. Let's just go." Harry relented.

"I just want to get my posters!" She called out over her shoulder, already half way up the stairs.

"I'm going to kill Tom for giving her hope for S.P.E.W." Harry seethed, and crossed his arms petulantly.

He tapped his foot, and started humming 'My Way' to pass the time. It was his favorite song, now. It always made him laugh when he thought about how ironic the lyrics seemed at the time.

Five minutes later, Hermione came back down the stairs, her satchel flung over her shoulder.

"Are we going then?" She said, she said impatiently. What did she have to be impatient about?

Harry just sighed, and they began to make their way down to the Great Hall.

"Wait up!" Ron screamed after them, and eventually caught up, Ginny behind him.

Harry rolled his eyes. "Good morning." He growled.

"He's grumpy today." Hermione pointed out.

"Aren't you doing your... thing today?" Ginny asked quietly. Hermione immediately threw up a silencing charm around them.

"Yeah, this afternoon. Tom is sending the ingredients this morning, which is why we need to go now." Harry said quickly, and the four of them hurried down to the Great Hall.

Immediately, as they went through the doors, all eyes were on Hermione.

"What is she wearing?" One Ravenclaw whispered.