eight

when they step into the building, brad knows amelia won't be there yet. it's just past 8:30 pm right now, so they're super early because they have to go through soundcheck before the party starts officially at 10:15. for the first time in his life, probably, he wasn't late, and had to actually wait for joe to come pick him up. he's so nervous, the poor boy. he can't deny that. not because of the bet itself, who cares about that anyway?! - even though he does want to go on a date with amelia - or because of peter loveless. he just can't stand the thought of her not liking them as a band. that just cannot happen. that's why he's been forcing the boys to rehearse extra hard. they need to be flawless.

regardless of knowing she's not there, he still texts her, as 'will', obviously, just to see what time she's arriving, so he can be prepared. even though he's aware that he'll never be ready. to see her and to perform in front of her and to be judged by her - and her father. he's just too nervous.

the four boys and their manager walk towards the stage, where the crew is still setting up a few things, and they see the big black and white flag with the band's logo - brad feels so proud. all of them feel so proud. they get up on stage and look ahead, to the ballroom in front of them, filled with round tables with white tablecloths and white flowers on the centrepiece. brad can't help but imagine where she's going to stay while they perform - is she gonna be standing up? or is she gonna stay seated? which one of those tables is reserved for her and her family?

after soundcheck, they go to a small room near the stage, that's going to be their dressing room for tonight. the door is behind the stage, so people can't see them when they come out to play. they sit there on the couches, waiting for the party to start. they're opening the event at 10:15 pm, and it's almost 9:30, so they still have to wait. none of the boys can contain their feelings, but i think we can all agree that brad is the most anxious one. "we need to relax", "let's talk about something else", "have you guys watched the last game of thrones episode?", "you think they already have anything to eat?", "well, maybe we should drink something, i don't know". brad's not really paying much attention to the conversation going on around him. he just wants to concentrate, but he can't. he realises then what time it is.

amelia's arriving at any moment now.

brad can't control his nerves now.

amelia's getting off the car now.

brad gets up from the couch and walks in circles around the room now.

amelia enters the ballroom now.

brad nods at joe when he says they're going out to find something to drink now.

amelia nods at something her father said now.

brad notices he's alone now.

amelia walks away from her parents now.

brad sits back on the couch, pressing his lips together firmly now.

amelia opens a door now.

"hey, is scott here... oh." amelia stops when she sees who's sitting on the couch. brad. he looks up at her and his heart simply doesn't exist anymore. i died, went to heaven and am seeing angels now. but his body reacts automatically to her presence, his lips already forming a flirty grin. he ignores all his instincts of paralyzing at the sight of her. she's so fucking beautiful. fascinating. gorgeous. stunning. she's just standing there, doing nothing, only breathing and existing in that fucking dress, and yet - a flawless, divine, angelic, holy, heavenly, celestial piece of art.

 she's just standing there, doing nothing, only breathing and existing in that fucking dress, and yet - a flawless, divine, angelic, holy, heavenly, celestial piece of art