Chapter 7

The witches had gathered around the large dinner table to come up with a plan of attack. They didn't know what to expect when they arrived in Asgard, and they wanted to be prepared for anything. Drawing up maps, talking about spells, going over scenarios in their heads about what could happen.

"Wait, wait...how are we supposed to get to Asgard? Do any of us know how to open a portal?" Freya asked.

Everyone seemed taken aback by the question and all eyes turned to Cora.

Remembering that Ingrid had told her that she once opened a portal, Cora looked up at Ingrid and saw her shake her head in fear.

"Well, that's the easy part. We just need a portal key, which I believe we have," Wendy said, looking at her sister. "Right Joanna?"

Joanna lowered her eyes at her sister.

"No, Wendy," Joanna sighed. "I destroyed the Serpens Clavem after it POSSESSED you and you tried to KILL me. Did you forget?"

Wendy chuckled, "No, JoJo. I didn't forget. I meant the OTHER key. The one we're not supposed to talk about," she said, nodding toward the young witches.

Surprised, the three young witches looked at each other.

"There's a key we're not supposed to talk about?" Ingrid asked.

All of a sudden Cora gasped and gripped the table tightly. Her head fell backward and she was still. A few moments later she released the table and lifted her head. The witches surrounded her quickly.

"Cora, are you alright?" Joanna asked.

Wendy and Joanna could tell that something frightened her.

Cora looked at her family one by one, fear stricken. Breathing heavily she lifted her arm and pointed to Ingrid.

"It's you." She said softly. "That's why you were able to open the portal under Fair Haven. You're the key."

Ingrid looked at her mother and her aunt. The looks on their faces just confused her.

"Did you have a vision?" Wendy asked her daughter.

Cora nodded, "We need to leave as soon as possible. Something is coming." She said, as she hurried up the stairs.

Wendy followed.

"What's coming, Coraline?" She asked, as her daughter threw things into a bag.

"Mom, we NEED to go. We don't have time for questions and answers."

"No. Coraline Isabelle Beauchamp, you answer my question right now!"

Coraline was right in front of her mother in the blink of an eye, which startled Wendy.

"I don't know what it is. But it is a great evil that wants to kill us. I can sense that it's coming. It's the same feeling I had when I first got here."

Wendy changed her stance in the doorway and opened her mouth to speak, but was interrupted by the sound of the doorbell. Both witches made a face, wondering who could be at the door so late at night.

Cora had an uneasy feeling and pushed passed her mother. She stood at the top of the stairs, and peered down at the door. Joanna went happily to the door and pulled it open. Her smile faded as she saw who was on the other side.

"Hello, Joanna. Tell me, where is that beautiful sister of yours?"

Coraline shuffled in her spot and Wendy gasped from behind her.

"She doesn't want to see you Sebastian. How about you leave and come back, oh, I don't know, never? If you'll excuse me, I have to get back to my daughters."