2.3

Raelina

I got the call as I was driving home from dropping off Riley.

"Hello?" I greeted.

"Yes, Ms, winters, it's Gilinsky, I'm calling about the job hours."

"Oh yes Mr. Gilinsky, yes about the hours?"

"Yes, so you'll get here at around 6:30 and your shift will end depending on your work that day. Is that fine with you?"

"Yes more than fine!"

"Oh and your pay is $27.95 an hour. Is that fine with you?"

"More than fine. Thank you." I told him smiling and parking my car ending the call.

"Babe!" I yelled into the house.

He wasn't there.

I walked to the counter and saw a note;

"My love,

I had to leave early for tour and I'm so very sorry. I'll be back home soon, I promise and you can call me anytime. Don't be afraid to do your best. And call me please when you get home.

Xx
Shawn"

I called him right away,

"Hey baby, did you get the job?"

"Yes! I start tomorrow, and it's a great pay."

"That's amazing!"

"Shawn, we have to go through security." I heard Andrew say in the background.

"I'm sorry baby but I have to go, I'll call you when I get to the gate."

"Okay, I love you, bye."

"Love you, bye." The call ended and I was now ready to do my soon to be daily tasks.

Riley was at our table, eating her after school snack, and I was in the kitchen loading the dishwasher, while I thought.

"Nina?"

"Yes?"

"Where did Shawn go?"

"He has to go to work."

"Will we see him again?"

"Hopefully."

"When?"

"Well you see princess, his job takes a long time. He's not going to be back for a while."

"Does your job take a long time too?"

"I don't know yet."

"Will I still see you everyday?"

"Of course." I said smiling and kissing her head.

"I love you."

"I love you more."

"I love you most."

"Not possible." I told her, as she got up and put her plate in the sink then sitting on the couch and coloring.

What am I going to do?

~

I was in my room, which Riley and I shared, getting Riley's loft ready for her to live in.

She had her bed up there and a little dresser that I had bought for her, and also her favorite chair.

Which was a bean bag chair that was bright blue. As she sat on her bed and played with her toys that she had brought with her, I noticed something I had never noticed before.

It was a camera.

I walked over to it and grabbed it. It wasn't attached to anything, and it wasn't running, at least I didn't think it was, so I just threw it away and went back to minding my business.