Chapter One

"Nya!"

I woke up to hear a drunk Rodney calling my name. I sat up in the bed as he staggered into the room.

"Hey baby." Rodney slurred trying to hug on me.

"Hey. Now move please." I begged as I tried to push him off.

"You don't love me, Ahnya? I love you with all my heart and if you ever try to leave me I'll hurt you." He grabbed my throat.

"I didn't even do anything. Get the fuck off of me." I was tired of Rodney. I couldn't take him anymore. My heart and soul wasn't in this anymore.

It's been too fucking long of dealing with his shit. I refused to take it anymore. This was the moment in life where I became strong. Where I got my voice back and refused to be silenced by the power of him. He know longer control me.

I was Ahnya again. The mother of two beautiful children that had been abandoned by the woman Rodney created. I was wasn't going back to being that naive teenage girl.

I pushed Rodney off me with all my strength. He wasn't sober so it made it a lot easier to over power him. He had become so weak over the past 5 years.

He fell on the floor as I ran out the room. I didn't even look back to see if he was okay. As I ran out the door I heard him scream out threats to me but I wasn't going back. I was done with him.

-
-
-

I had been walking for hours now. I had no where to go. So eventually I walked to a familiar club that I remember from Ya-Ya.

I walked in as music played and people danced to the beat. I sat down on a stool at the bar.

"Hey, Is Fantasy here tonight?"

"Yeah she just got off the stage." The bartender answered. She walked off and Ya-Ya came asked for a drink.

"Ya-Ya."

"Ahnya? What the fuck you doing here?" She asked as she hugged me tightly. "I missed you so much. I haven't seen you in five years."

"I know. I haven't been in a good head space, But I finally got away from Rodney. I need your help." I explained to her.

She was the only friend I knew how to get in touch with. Once my friends knew I was on drugs they all started cutting me off. I don't blame them though.

"Ahnya, if you're clean I'm willing to get your shit together I'll help you. But all I have to offer is an extra room in my small house." She explained.

I knew she was still in college. I heard about when her mom dying and her take some time way from school. I'm glad she went back.

"Thank you so much Ya-Ya. I did not want to go back to him." I cried. She grabbed me and took me to the bathroom where it was quieter.

"Do you have a job?"

"No. Rodney wouldn't let me. He was afraid I wouldn't come back."

"Okay now listen. I know this might not be what you want to hear but I can get you a job here. You can start making your own money quick. " Ya-Ya explained.

I never thought it would come to this but how else would I feed myself without a job. I didn't even have clothes or a phone. I had to start from scratch and right now I guess stripping would be the best way to get back on my feet faster.