Compass

Chapter 4

Buckingham palace
~1775

"You're daughter? My son was the one kidnapped by pirates while your daughter was able to return to her bed." The older Pakistani king argued angrily "He stayed behind and fought for her."

The king of England gripped the end of his large chair letting out a sigh "Fine we will help, we will send a fleet out but I am telling you pirates don't usually keep their victims alive. The chance of your son living is-"

"I don't want to hear that. I feel he is alive and he is well. We just don't have time to argue about it." Yaser straightened out his outfit "Add me onto that fleet you send out, I'd like to meet the man who kidnapped my son."

The king went to object yet he got a rather awful idea from it "Very well you may go." He looked over to one of his guardsmen "Fetch the Navy chief please."

The guardsmen bowed then left the room carrying out the King's order.

SS Olivia
~1775

Night had fallen over the big blue sea and upon the decks of Olivia. Her halls where the men slept soundly moaned lightly as the cold Atlantic lapped against her.

The upper deck of the ship was empty and dark with a faded glow of light shining on one side through the thick night fog. Two men only occupied atop her the young new swabber swabbing the last of the ship and the young captain steering the great vessel.

With the little light Liam was able to see inches below him where he had a clear view of the young Pakistani prince mopping about doing his job.

Hands at the wheel the Captain gazed down at him seeing no emotion nor tiredness in his on going actions. Just swish swish against the wood floor like a perfect melody to the ear.

It wasn't till he saw those gold bambi orbs stare back up into his when he noticed he had stared too long.

Quickly Liam tore his gaze and looked back into the blinding fog acting as if he had not just been staring.

After a few seconds when he was sure Zayn had looked away Liam couldn't help but let his eyes wander back down to the handsome prince.

"Pardon me Captain but is there anything I can help you with?" Zayn suddenly asked taking Liam by surprise when he caught him red handed.

Payno remained silent as he tried thinking up a lie "I-uh-well-"he started stuttering.

Zayn rose an eyebrow he was starting to see what Louis was talking about. Their ain't no way Liam was normally like this. He sounded rather unsure of himself "Sir?"

Liam gulped after clearing his throat "Sorry 'm not feeling myself, perhaps the fog is getting to me."

Zayn chuckled under his breath 'nice try captain'.

"Is that funny to you?" Liam's tone became firmer taking his action as an insult.

The prince looked up silencing himself "No, sir"

Liam gripped the wheel staring down the younger boy "Then tell me, why were you laughing?"

Zayn shrugged stifling another chuckle. Geez why did he find it funny? Zayn was eager to know himself. "I don't know, sir"

"Sure. Now tell me swab boy. What's so funny?" Liam scowled.

One look at him and Zayn became weak "It was just cute,sir." He blurted out mentally smacking himself when he had said it.